Water tank cleaner in Santiago...

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I think its about time we clean our water tank. I was told clean them around 3-4 times a year? I was wondering if anybody know good under ground water tank cleaners in Santiago?

Thanks....

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
you can just ask your employees, one of them will know someone.
we are just having some high school kids clean ours out this weekend - they need some extra money and we need it cleaned. and it's a fairly simple process.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I think its about time we clean our water tank. I was told clean them around 3-4 times a year? I was wondering if anybody know good under ground water tank cleaners in Santiago?

Thanks....
Are talking about a cistern? If so, once every 3 to 5 years is enough. "Unless you truck in water". INAPA have decent water. Toss in a little pool "Cloro" one every now and then just to be safe.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
We are glad that we have cleaned ours yesterday. The water that came out was impressively brown when it came out, and we had this cleaned with our company worker last year too. But knowing that most of brown water had been pumped out I feel better now. Like LaTeacher mentioned we were going to have our worker do this again but I didn't want to waste too much of our worker's time because whenever they come to my house, they work as slow as possible and spend half days doing basic things. So I guess $800 they quoted, $900 men asking and my wife paying $1000 is fine I guess. I should've told her to just give her $900 but I was too late.

I now have to go out and buy Cloro because I don't think our worker's suggestion of one small tablet for every 6 month is too long. I don't know but is every 1-2 months ok for everyone? I mean we aren't drinking it or anything, but I am so keen on bad/stinky water.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
When we had our cistern cleaned out the first time after a year they found a 5 lb bullfrog. I always thought the water was a little sweet when brushing my teeth. :)

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
When we had our cistern cleaned out the first time after a year they found a 5 lb bullfrog. I always thought the water was a little sweet when brushing my teeth. :)
Was he alive? Great frogs legs. :)

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I now have to go out and buy Cloro because I don't think our worker's suggestion of one small tablet for every 6 month is too long. I don't know but is every 1-2 months ok for everyone? I mean we aren't drinking it or anything, but I am so keen on bad/stinky water.

Are you having it trucked in? When I had my bar in Sosua, I cleaned it out a couple of times in 25 years. Water in Sosua was crystal clear. I even drank it in emergencies. If it's trucked in, that's another story. In the old days, some trucks filled up from the rivers (Gross) I got swindled on a couple of occasions, but learned fast. And it did cost me a cleaning. If you have "bad/stinky" water and are getting it from INAPA, I would contact them.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Are you having it trucked in? When I had my bar in Sosua, I cleaned it out a couple of times in 25 years. Water in Sosua was crystal clear. I even drank it in emergencies. If it's trucked in, that's another story. In the old days, some trucks filled up from the rivers (Gross) I got swindled on a couple of occasions, but learned fast. And it did cost me a cleaning. If you have "bad/stinky" water and are getting it from INAPA, I would contact them.
We get out water from CORASAN.
Maybe I am too sensitive on this but sometimes our dishes, clothes and towel smell like metal and mud mixture. And no matter how many times we wash them or use the soap the smell do not disappear. I get so sensitive to that smell I sometimes have to boil bottle water soak smelling water for few seconds and dry them like we used to do with baby bottles. We don't get this all the time just once in a while sometimes it happens twice in one month sometimes for couple of months no smell.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
We get out water from CORASAN.
Maybe I am too sensitive on this but sometimes our dishes, clothes and towel smell like metal and mud mixture. And no matter how many times we wash them or use the soap the smell do not disappear. I get so sensitive to that smell I sometimes have to boil bottle water soak smelling water for few seconds and dry them like we used to do with baby bottles. We don't get this all the time just once in a while sometimes it happens twice in one month sometimes for couple of months no smell.
Maybe have a sample analysed. The water could be contaminated somewhere between the street main and your cistern. The possibility of filtration from the sewage or other source. Strongly suggest you have it analysed. Even COROSAN should do it free.