Shipping large items to the Cabarete area? How?

brittopher1

Apr 11, 2012
I'm moving from the states to the cabarete area, but i'm not sure how to ship things over, mostly larger items. Is there a reputable shipping agency I go through? Do they charge by the item, or weight, or size of the items? How long does it take for it to arrive? Where do I go to pick my things up at?

I'm really unfamiliar with how the whole process works, so any information is would help me out a lot!

Thanks!!:cheeky:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Item priced at under $200 US are free from duty, unless customs decides otherwise. They tend to charge extra for TVs and electronics, but should not if the price is under $200 US.

I use EncargoPaq for small items I order from the US. They deliver to my house unlike EPS and TansExpress who serve the same market. Free to set up an account.

For larger items it is best to get firm fixed price quotes from door to door shippers like Montero and Awilda, although EncargoPaq did beat them on bringing in a generator.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was total shipment has to be under $200 to be duty free?

britt, where are you located in the USA?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
for the shipment of larger, more expensive item we have used vinicio's shipping in florida. they bring stuff constantly so they sort out the customs. i mean, of course, you pay the aduanas but you do not have to fight or worry, all is included in shipping costs.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You'll need to get your things to Miami -
Google 'mudanza' here on DR1 and you'll get names.

If you have enough, a 20' container will be your answer... you need a freight forwarder for that,,,

Try Benchmark Export - ask for Stephanie and use my name.

Also chatelaincargo.com has been mentioned highly here - I have no personal experience w/ them