Stuck in Juan Dolio without my luggage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2006
I was bumped twice and finally arrived in SDQ around midnight. My sis is an airline employee, so I am a non rev passenger, and can live with that but then my bag did not arrive. I spent the night in the terminal and walked out at dawn down the inbound lane and caught a guagua to Juan Dolio, where I am presently waiting for my luggage in the Fior di Loto Hotel. A pretty good place, but I sure will be happy to get my stuff. It took three calls to get through but now they know where I am. Looking back, I should have stayed at SDQ until 12:00 Non the next day. But I was not sure my bag was on that plane.

Wish me luck.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
wow, man that sucks. i only lost my luggage once and alitalia took 4 days to deliver it back to my house...

YUL514

Aug 28, 2010
If you paid with a credit card,you might have an insurance to buy some clothes.There is a certain delay like 48hrs.With Visa,you can buy for $400 of emergency clothing.Submit your receips when you return.

bubba

Dec 15, 2003
Non revs usually dont pay in the usual way.
My son is an airline employee so we dont get charged until the flights are taken and it is taken from
his paycheck.
With his airline they will not deliver the bags like a paying customer so we must pick up yourself.
So if I land in STI and stay in Sosua if the bag is missing I have to wait for it.

bluemoonnyc

Oct 4, 2007
yeah those free flights really suck, don't they? lol, that's why I do not check bags when I get a free flight, travel light next time. I learned my lesson too

bubba

Dec 15, 2003
We must go thru NYC from Minnesota and overnight as the flight don't match and on one trip we had to gate check my wifes carry on to JFK.
We get to JFK and they said pick it up at baggage claim with our other bags, Of course no carry on.
Since we are staying overnight I would go to the airport early and check on it. No luck.
So off we go to Sosua and I keep calling the airline and they find it 4 days later.
IN MOSCOW.

Aug 6, 2006
Yaay! My bag arrived here at the hotel yesterday. The hard part was getting all the info to the right people. I know that I have to expect delays and problems occasionally. I will pack more in my smaller bag. My big bag is a High Sierra backpack on rollers,too big to check through. I like the Hotel Fior di Loto here, by the way.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
My June 7 trip to Boston when I got to STI they let me know that the new weight limit had been lowered to 40 lbs instead of 50 lbs like last fall when I arrove in the DR. So I paid $25 extra for 10 lbs overage. Then when I got to Ft Lauderdale I had to claim my bags to go thru customs and return the bag to the airline for the FLL to Boston leg of the journey.. When I did I set it on their scale and it weighed only 45.2 lbs instead of the 50.5 it had at STI. When I got here I find my shaving kit and one pair of Jeans and some underwear is missing.
Oh the joys of international travel.
Der Fish

Fish,

Did you get a ticket (electronic or otherwise) beforehand. Those always list the luggage allowance, which of course, one should always check before packing. Also make sure you bring a portable scale (handy for the return) and if the airport weighs different from what you had at home double check.

The ticket is the contract if you will; they can't change the allowance on you...

Status
Not open for further replies.