Cheap fully refundable one way flight out of the DR

MJP35

Feb 5, 2013
So we are firming up the details of our move. We have our flights booked, should firm up our short term place in POP this week and we are sorting out everything on this end. Does anyone know what the cheapest flight leaving the DR is? Leaving from any airport to anywhere outside of the DR. We want to have something fully refundable so that we can fulfill the airlines requirement to see onward travel.

Suggestions, Please!

Thanks,

MJP35

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Check out Aerolineas Mas from La Isabela (JBQ) in northern Santo Domingo to Haiti -- US$280 (includes taxes).

I would think Puerto Rico is more expensive.

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Why is it necessary to buy an inexpensive 'fully refundable' ticket?
Can't you just buy any fully refundable ticket and then 'refund it' to your CC?
Or do I not understand the issue at hand?
Buzzard

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
A ticket to Haiti doesn't help.
Needs to be to the country of origin.
If you are from the USA, and possibly Canada, Puerto Rico is a good choice.
Just so people can understand, many airlines do not allow you to purchase a one way international ticket to the DR.
It's "BULL$HIT", because their "justification" is, that if you aren't allowed entry into the DR, they are responsible to fly you back to where you came from.
That CAN be the case, but, has ANYONE Ever been refused entry into the DR??????
Judging by the number of INTERPOL arrests made here every year, NO!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
So we are firming up the details of our move. We have our flights booked, should firm up our short term place in POP this week and we are sorting out everything on this end. Does anyone know what the cheapest flight leaving the DR is? Leaving from any airport to anywhere outside of the DR. We want to have something fully refundable so that we can fulfill the airlines requirement to see onward travel.

Suggestions, Please!

Thanks,

MJP35

Kinda of what Buzzard said. You are just moving in and you want an fast escape plan. And a cheap and refundable one too. WHY do I see Red Flags?

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Might they accept the cheapest ferry ticket into PR (if, as CC suggested, you're coming in from the USA)?

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
I just returned to DR this past week. I booked a return flight with United, and called to cancel it 30 seconds later. They have a 24 hour cancellation policy on all bookings. I then brought my printed confirmation with me to the airport when I left, and since I flew in with a different airline it fulfilled the return flight requirement. They didn't know it was canceled.

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
We flew back to the DR last Sunday, and was never asked either in Miami or here for proof of onward travel. The only time we had any issue with this was about 3 years ago travelling with Jet Blue out of Buffalo, plus it was the only time we ever had luggage lost! I really don't think it's an issue anymore, but as the OP says book with an airline that has a 24 hour cancellation policy.

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
Ive flown Spirit twice in the last six months, both times they checked for a return ticket. I've flown United once and Delta once, and neither of them checked.

But I always book/cancel a return flight just in case.

sarah1101

Apr 27, 2012
United States
Ive flown Spirit twice in the last six months, both times they checked for a return ticket. I've flown United once and Delta once, and neither of them checked.

But I always book/cancel a return flight just in case.

My daughters flew Delta last month, orlando to atl, atl to sdq. In orlando at the gate they demanded to see return flights that it was a new law. I argued with them untill they forgave this new law for me (what a joke). There were no issues getting my girls to DR.

MJP35

Feb 5, 2013
I just returned to DR this past week. I booked a return flight with United, and called to cancel it 30 seconds later. They have a 24 hour cancellation policy on all bookings. I then brought my printed confirmation with me to the airport when I left, and since I flew in with a different airline it fulfilled the return flight requirement. They didn't know it was canceled.

This is a great idea! I'm currently booked to arrive with United. Does anyone know if other airlines offer 24 hour cancellation?

MJP35

Feb 5, 2013
Nevermind Westjet has the same policy. I'll let everyone know how this works out