Data Vimenca reopens their call center in Santiago

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
Thought this news might interest some members:

Grupo Vimenca re-inaugura su torre en la ciudad de Santiago.
Los principales ejecutivos del Grupo Vimenca mediante un acto formal para la prensa e invitados, dejaron re-inaugurada sus instalaciones en esta ciudad de Santiago donde funcionaran las oficinas centrales de este importante grupo empresarial y de un moderno Call Center, mejor conocido como Data Vimenca.

552618_493298290755368_1699074814_n.jpg

Esta edificaci?n consta de 7 niveles de oficinas tipo AA, un moderno centro de llamadas, lobby y dem?s ?reas comunes. Esta ubicada en la Aut. Duarte, frente al campus de la Pontificia Universidad Cat?lica Madre y Maestra PUCMM, en el exclusivo sector de La Espa?ola.

Esta moderna torre dejo de funcionar hace alrededor de dos a?os sin embargo, es re-abierta con la finalidad de poner en funcionamiento el mas grande Call Center de toda la ciudad que contara con mas de 2,000 empleados directos. De igual forma la edificaci?n servir? para albergar las oficinas ejecutivas del grupo en la zona norte.

Cabe destacar que este importante grupo esta en un agresivo plan de expansi?n en toda la ciudad de Santiago, inaugurando diversas sucursales de sus unidades de negocios no solo en la ciudad de Santiago, sino tambi?n en toda la zona Norte.

Branding News

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
So they're supposedly going to make this the biggest call center in Santiago, with plans to hire up to 2000 agents by 2015. This means a lot more competition for human resources among all the call centers in the city.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Awesome news !! Now 2000 more people can make 3.00 dollars an hour.
I still think the car window washer up from the Hotel Gran Almirante makes more, and he can take a beer break when ever he wants and work on his sun-tan. The guy that parks and watches your car at the monument has to be making 10.00 dollars an hour. Neither of them have to listen to dribble on the phone for 8 hours a day.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I still think the car window washer up from the Hotel Gran Almirante makes more, and he can take a beer break when ever he wants and work on his sun-tan. The guy that parks and watches your car at the monument has to be making 10.00 dollars an hour. Neither of them have to listen to dribble on the phone for 8 hours a day.

Hm, 3$ per hour is a VERY respectable wage in the DR.. let's say 8 hours a day, that's 24$ per day, about 1000 pesos.. so let's say 25k pesos a month + commissions for the jobs that offer them..

Now.. that is a fine wage and all but the problem is with my family of 4 my monthly living cost is 100k a month.. tough to make those ends meet if the breadwinner is listening to that dribble.

Oh.. and that 100k a month is a fairly conservative lifestyle.. very middle class.

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009

I rather have 2000 people working for 3.00 dollars an hour, than 2000 people begging in the streets of Santiago, or unemployed, some resorting to crimes in order to make ends meet. Some of you on occasions strangely seem to forget that this is far from being a first world country, any kind of honest jobs are welcome. Heck, even the 10000 pesos a month cashier jobs created by the many new supermarkets are good for the city.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
I rather have 2000 people working for 3.00 dollars an hour, than 2000 people begging in the streets of Santiago, or unemployed, some resorting to crimes in order to make ends meet. Some of you on occasions strangely seem to forget that this is far from being a first world country, any kind of honest jobs are welcome. Heck, even the 10000 pesos a month cashier jobs created by the many new supermarkets are good for the city.

I agree with you to a degree. However 3.00 an hour is getting close to exploitation. Lets hope they are getting other significant benefits other wise its a scam dead end job.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning, For whatever it is worth about 3 years ago as a favor to a buddy who is friends with one of owners of Data Vimenca I met and told them to send me a presentation for one of the largest call centers in the US who were looking to "inshore" their work from the Philippines. The presentation was filled with grammatical errors, odd word choices, and spelling errors. As a result the US company not only did not pursue any business with them but also changed their focus to US low wage areas telling me that if this is one of the best we would be wasting our time.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Whatever wage they make will be fine as long as they have a job, not one of you guys know how hard is to get hired in DR...

If you don't have a uncle or a least a cousin in the factory or working for the government you'll never find a place where to make that minimum wage, for most Dominican is good money as we are used to live with very low incomes.

JJ

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Hm, 3$ per hour is a VERY respectable wage in the DR.. let's say 8 hours a day, that's 24$ per day, about 1000 pesos.. so let's say 25k pesos a month + commissions for the jobs that offer them..

Now.. that is a fine wage and all but the problem is with my family of 4 my monthly living cost is 100k a month.. tough to make those ends meet if the breadwinner is listening to that dribble.

Oh.. and that 100k a month is a fairly conservative lifestyle.. very middle class.

I'm sure you also have no need to work in a call-centre. With unemployment for those under 25 at a rate of more than 25%, those will be considered good jobs, especially how young people have a phone attached to their ear.