Local Dominican Republic Weather via Wunderground.com

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I do not wish to detract from MikeF. He has done and continues to give us the best information concerning the BIG picture that we need to know to be ready and safe. A BIG THANKS TO MIKEF.

I have my little home weather station for our local weather here on the north coast and I'm on wunderground. Several other stations are in the D.R. and around the world so anyone can go find current weather anywhere.

I encourage anyone to join in and tell us about what is going on around you with what ever you have concerning the Dominican Republic. Just go outside and let others know.

Let's have some fun as well as being informative with our sharing and learning.

Thanks.

Sosua, Dominican Republic Weather Forecast from Weather Underground

jilly777

Jul 17, 2013
This sounds like fun and useful too "Weather Underground" I like it
O.K. would go outside but we live beachside (falling coconuts) and sounds like their is a storm brewing.....high winds and heavyish cloud cover....that's down Los Carales way

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Good Evening. We had a nice day here and it looks like most of the D.R. did too.

MikeF is watching a new T.S. and you should be sure to read him. He IS our expert.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/weather-beyond/133758-2013-storms-fisherman-paradise.html

I see that he is also using some of Weather Underground as an additional tool. :)

Above my station name and box you will see in yellow: "Tropical Weather: Tropical Storm Erin (North Atlantic)" Click on it and you can see what is going on from what Weather Underground has. You can also go down the page and look on the right side for : Weather Summary. These are tools that can help, but most likely the person doing the Summary does not live any where near the Dominican Republic. That's why I watch MikeF.

This evening looks very nice for the whole Island. Have a good one.

Sosua, Dominican Republic Weather Forecast from Weather Underground

jilly777

Jul 17, 2013
Morning Ringo....yup sea is looking quite calm...saw a few rain clouds and showers a few miles out but not heading inland

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I see that more people are looking in. Your feed back is welcome. If you "like" please click the like button. If you don't, click the other one. If you have questions or need help, please ask. If you wish to contribute concerning your area weather observations, please do so.

I hope that everyone can share and be a part of this concerning our local weather here in the Dominican Republic.

Thank you.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Las Americas weather station this AM.

Good Morning. We had some needed rain last night. Some clouds this morning but looks about the same in general for us. Seas remain calm. Looking around at other stations, some are forecasting rain in the east and south. Hard to tell what they get since most don't report actual rainfall.

Las Americas, Dominican Republic Weather Forecast from Weather Underground

So tell us what's going on in your neighborhood. Have a good day!

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Ringo,

We measured 0.7 inches of rain last night about 4km towards Cabarete just inland from the Coast.

Olly and the Team

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Ringo,

We measured 0.7 inches of rain last night about 4km towards Cabarete just inland from the Coast.

Olly and the Team

That's what I show on my station receiver and on the graphs page checking the weekly. It does not show up on the "current" page. They start the daily measurement at Midnight and most of the rain was before that for us.

Thanks.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Wet afternoon! lol.

Mike has posted so I held off. This weather was nothing of concern when I looked around this AM. It popped up and Mike saw it and posted. I just looked again.... it's BIGGER. I would guess that we all are going to get wet with the south perhaps having flooding situations.

It would be nice to hear from some of you. Thanks and stay safe.

WunderMap? | Interactive Weather Map and Radar | Weather Underground

jilly777

Jul 17, 2013
Been a dark cloudy late afternoon here around Los Corales beach.....looks like a storm brewing but wind has died down

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Where did it go? I got up and expected that huge cloud mass to be over part of the D.R. I looked and.... it had vanished about as fast as it had appeared. What little rain we got up here was well before midnight. The few stations that have rain gauges in the south don't show any after midnight either. Most of the stations that forecast rain for a couple of days, last evening, have changed. As we have said, it's very difficult to predict our local weather.
Seas are calm.
Have a good day!

Santo Domingo station.

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic Weather Forecast from Weather Underground

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Good wet afternoon? OK.... So I was 24 hours off? LOL.

As reported on DR1 News.

COE issues green alerts for six provinces

The Emergency Operations Center has issued a green warning for six provinces in the country due to a low-pressure trough located to the southeast of Punta Cana that will bring heavy rains over a large part of the country. The COE says that the provinces of San Pedro de Macoris, La Romana, Monsignor Nouel, La Vega, Monte Plata and Santo Domingo should be on alert for flash flooding of rivers and streams as well as landslides.

The National Meteorological Office (Onamet) reports that the low pressure-trough and the humidity and instability left by a tropical wave located over western Haiti are creating conditions that are likely to cause rains and thunderstorms this afternoon and evening, Wednesday 21 August, mainly in the northeast, southeast, southwest, the central mountains and the border regions.

See weather reports at www.dr1.com/forums/weather-beyond/133758-2013-storms-fisherman-paradise.html

Onamet - Oficina Nacional de Meteorolog?a - Rep?blica Dominicana

Satellite as of 4:21 AST (our time)

WunderMap? | Interactive Weather Map and Radar | Weather Underground