Government To Prosecute Men Who Impregnate Minors

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It's about time they did something, anything, to protect kids. I hope it's not just lip service.

Edit:
I just re-read this, and realized the glaring headline 'message' is the girl has to be pregnant for them to be prosecuted.....so they can sexually abuse a girl as long as she doesn't get pregnant??? What about boys???? Am I missing something?

Last edited:

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
Excellent.. prosecute them but don't forget to also make them pay up monthly to financially support the pregnancy and the children they father. I happen to be paying 90% of the medical bills of my girlfriend's 16 year old pregnant sister..who was impregnated by some 35 yo dominican guy.. they all know where the guy is but other 500 pesos every month or so he refuses to pay up.

A step in the right direction is right.... Our children are the future. We must protect them, nurture them and educate them for tomorrow. Not leave them vulnerable, we say we want to prosper but no one wants to do anything different. How can we make expect different outcomes and advancement when every president is doing the same thing... NOTHING!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Putting them in jail does tend to limit the amount that they can pay for support. Keep that in mind.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Putting them in jail does tend to limit the amount that they can pay for support. Keep that in mind.

That's the deadbead-dad argument around the world. But here we're talking about the crime of raping a underage young woman/child and impregnating her.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Hmmm, I'll buy that. And I suspect it would be a great deterrent to others, once the word spread.........

I like it.

They (liberals against the death penalty) say that the death penalty does not deter serious crimes such as murder. To that I always reply that a convicted murderer who is put do death will never commit another murder and that is justice.

Will castration prevent other perverts from committing sex crimes with minors? Unfortunately we will never find that out.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i really do not think all those men are pedophiles. a while ago i was talking about cases like this with our workers in the pharmacy. they were saying it's rum and circumstances. the family is poor, they all sleep in one bed or maybe few per bed. the man is drunk. and horny. so he takes whatever is closest or available. a wife may be sick, pregnant, having a period. and there, so close, so easy, is someone who cannot fight back, who can be easily abused. often it is a question of ease of access and opportunity rather than preference.

and it sucks so much that all this boils down to a choice between the good of a young girl who is being raped and the entire family who will have no income without the rapist.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I believe something must be done. But that something must be an applicable measure. If they don't get serious about what they consider a "minor" they won't be able to apply this. Too many girls of age 16 or 17 get pregnant by their 18 and 19 yo boyfriends. It's hard to consider that a case of rape. Additionally, most 17-year-old girls are very aware and even look forward to getting pregnant by any means necessary.
As usual, you need to tackle the external factors to yield the desired results, and not use brute force to impose them. An unemployed girl of 17 hanging out all day with her unemployed 18 yo boyfriend, without any plans of choices in life, is very likely to get pregnant. And then you're going to throw the father in jail, destroying the life of 3 people because the state could not do its homework.
This Dominguez guy needs to get out of public office quickly. He's just a radical SOB with no real knowledge of the dominican underworld.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I believe something must be done. But that something must be an applicable measure. If they don't get serious about what they consider a "minor" they won't be able to apply this. Too many girls of age 16 or 17 get pregnant by their 18 and 19 yo boyfriends. It's hard to consider that a case of rape. Additionally, most 17-year-old girls are very aware and even look forward to getting pregnant by any means necessary.
As usual, you need to tackle the external factors to yield the desired results, and not use brute force to impose them. An unemployed girl of 17 hanging out all day with her unemployed 18 yo boyfriend, without any plans of choices in life, is very likely to get pregnant. And then you're going to throw the father in jail, destroying the life of 3 people because the state could not do its homework.
This Dominguez guy needs to get out of public office quickly. He's just a radical SOB with no real knowledge of the dominican underworld.

Castle, I agree with your assessment of the 17 yr old.

I presume this law is an result of the 9 to 12 yr olds who are pregnant and getting press coverage, rather than the 17 yr old with a 19 yr old boyfriend.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
It's about time they did something, anything, to protect kids. I hope it's not just lip service.

Edit:
I just re-read this, and realized the glaring headline 'message' is the girl has to be pregnant for them to be prosecuted.....so they can sexually abuse a girl as long as she doesn't get pregnant??? What about boys???? Am I missing something?

if she is pregant, then at least at birth they can prove the paternity and it is not a question of his word against hers.

gotta start somewhere...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I presume this law is an result of the 9 to 12 yr olds who are pregnant and getting press coverage, rather than the 17 yr old with a 19 yr old boyfriend.

from politician point of view that would make sense, actually. you are punishing the perpetrator, like promised. and a young perpetrator means that he cannot vote yet so he is useless anyway. not like padre de famila, you know.