where to go to remove a keloid in my ear? (plastic surgery)

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
hi there, i have a keloid in my ear (it's like a scar because i used ear rings and now my ear is swollen) and i would like to remove it!

i live in santo domingo (la zona colonial), where can i go to get this removed?

i only know 1 hospital here, and that is a type of hospital that is free for the locals, i don't know if that is the right place.

also it would help if you knew a plastic surgeon / doctor who could speak english.

thank you!

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
Does surgical keloid removal work long term? Or is a steroid injection by a good dermatologist the way to go.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
My cousin got her removil with an injection, you can go to Instituto Dominicano de Dermatologia, if you have medical health insurance they take it, at leaset here in San Pedro de Macoris they works with privite ARS.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
There is a good dermotogist affilitated with the Clinic Abreu.. in fact all the doctors who are affiliated with the Clinic Abreau are tops.. it is where the Peace Corps sends its Volunteers.. It is just at the edge of the Zona.. opposite the park on the Malecon with the little boxes? Walk into the door by the enclosed park (city has been working? on the park for 7 years!) and ask for Dermatologo.. her office is right around the corner.

I do not know if she speaks English but probably she does.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
Does surgical keloid removal work long term? Or is a steroid injection by a good dermatologist the way to go.

hi there, i can't really answer that. my situation is kinda dumb! this will be the 3rd time and last time i will get this thing removed.

i think i look so much cooler with ear rings, so the 1st time the doctor advised me to not get ear rings at all or i had to wait 6+ months. hell, i got an ear ring in like 3 months. but i shot mine into my ears, the force of that made my ear started to swell but it wasn't anything major until like a couple of months later that things started to grow again.

then the 2nd time, i told myself if i gently pierce my ears i still got wear my ear ring, but we're back at having a big ear.

so now i have to cut it out! both the keloid and my dumb way of thinking.

but all the times when i did nothing with my ear, the removal worked.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
There is a good dermotogist affilitated with the Clinic Abreu.. in fact all the doctors who are affiliated with the Clinic Abreau are tops.. it is where the Peace Corps sends its Volunteers.. It is just at the edge of the Zona.. opposite the park on the Malecon with the little boxes? Walk into the door by the enclosed park (city has been working? on the park for 7 years!) and ask for Dermatologo.. her office is right around the corner.

I do not know if she speaks English but probably she does.

thank you too, i will go there today also.