Haitian Passport, Visa, general questions

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Haiti - Social : Passport valid 10 years, ready but not available... Two years after it was announced by the President Martelly Haiti - Social : A Haitian passport valid for 10 years, next year - HaitiLibre.com, Haiti News, The haitian people's voice , the Haitian passport valid for 10 years is ready, but not available... This is what confirmed Claude Raymond Junior, the Director General of the service of immigration and emigration, which says wait for the green light from the government to start issuing the passport "long duration".

Should we see in the waiting for the green light, the fact that this 10-year passport will cost 10,000 gourdes as appears in the Finance Bill 2012-2013 (waiting to be passed by the Senate after being ratified by the House low), a measure that should bring according to estimates nearly 150 million gourdes to the State... Should also be specify that in this same bill, passport with a duration of 5 years increased from 1.600 to 3.500 gourdes.

Note that in the last 3 years, about 700,000 Haitian passports were issued.

Note that before to be ratified by the Senate, the Senators can make changes in the draft Finance Bill 2012-2013 including on this fee proposal.

Haiti - Social : Passport valid 10 years, ready but not available... - HaitiLibre.com, Haiti News, The haitian people's voice

10,000 Haitian gourdes is now US $262,00

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
OK I have gotten some questions via email

One.. can foreigners get a second passport from Haiti.. and the answer is yes

After five years of continuous residence in the territory of the Republic, any foreigner may obtain Haitian nationality by naturalization, in conformity with the regulations established by law.
ARTICLE 12-2:
Haitians by naturalization shall be allowed to exercise the right to vote but they must wait five(5) years after the date of their naturalization to be eligible to hold public posts other than those reserved by the Constitution and by law for native-born Haitians.

although it will not take you many places....since Haiti is one of the most visa restricted places in the world.

Next question was how much does it cost to enter..

Answer I do not know

I remember that it was very modest for an American .. something like $5.

But there is a higher fee for a Dominican. something more like $25, I think but that was five or six years ago.

Perhaps there are Domicans who cross who can post .

I did call both the Haitian Embassy here and the Consul in Barahona. but both phone lines are out of service.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
None of the Haitian consul numbers I located via Google will answer their phones. I am interested in the cost of a dominican citizen wishing to visit Haiti ie the full cost entering and leaving Haiti. Any help much appreciated

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
ok I sent an email.. and have someone checking for confirmation.. he said that it was $40 for one entry into Haiti and $100 for multiple entries.. He is an American who does business there. Says the numbers are a few years old so they probably have gone up some. He is going to try to confirm. But, if he tries the Embassies, like you and I did, he will be out of luck.

But that gives you an idea at least.