Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Do-it-Yourself Temporary Residency Renewal Procedure (Instructions)

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I just finished renewing my temporary residency , using Expats blueprint and it went very smoothly with a total cost for everything including gas to drive to Santo Domingo and back of 13,000 pesos. We arrived at immigration at just before 9 am and there was hardly a soul there. Paperwork was in order and we were told to come back in 45 minutes to pay and get pictures taken. Came back in 40 minutes and went in for photos after a five minute wait. Ten minutes later we were walking out with a new residency card. Of to get a new cedula- everything went very quick there- handed them my old Cedula and new residency card, waited five minutes and was directed to pay 3000 pesos. Went directly in and got my photo taken then waited another ten and everything was ready. Thanks Expate for your excellent advice and process briefing. Saved me a lot of money. I will say that I was very happy with the job that Guzman and company did on my original residency, but we felt it was too expensive for the simplicity of the renewal.

2. Likes Harleysrock, Criss Colon, sabra liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome, Bob. Glad my post is helping other expats.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the various instructions regarding Temporary Residency Renewal Procedure are quite informative and one can access a good amount of knowledge out of the same. I think every individual in order to access a thorough knowledge about the same should go through the above post for sure.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Such an important and significant post it is about the various procedure which might be valuable for every individuals.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Do-it-Yourself Temporary Residency Renewal Procedure (Instructions)

I think one of the most important aspect of the change of residence is the Residency Renewal Procedure. One need to undergo all the significant aspects of the same in order to attain a good informative knowledge about the same.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! This is so useful. Thank you so much for sharing. My husband and I have to renew our temp residencies by April and think this is the way we'll go. Will save us a lot of money on a lawyer, especially with both of us needing it done. Anyone know if there have been any chances between this post and now? I hope not!

Thanks again. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

8. Likes oakmba liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the outstanding instructions. I have a question. In December 2013, I was told that Migration now requires someone who is renewing the residency to have US$3,000 in a Dominican bank account. Is this correct? I didn't need this for the initial residency; however, I am aware that the rules can change at any time. Please let me know, as my residency expires in March and I'm not willing to park US$3,000 in a foreign bank at this point.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Just and update regarding renewing residencia and cedula. You must had a physical and then return in 2 weeks to pick up results and then continue with the above process. Medical costs 4,500 pesos per person plus 100 pesos to fill out form for the medical. I also would not count on being there for only 2 hours. It could take up to 6. By the time you are done you can figure 4 copies of all of the above.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

As I understand it, you will need verification that you have at least 500,000 pesos invested in assets (bank, car, home etc.)

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

My medical results were lost last week so I have to return to Santo Domingo. The medical was only an xray, is that the only required test?

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast