Dominicans in Kansas City

tmtkansas

Sep 6, 2013
I was curious if there was any Dominicans living in the kansas city area, if so what areas do they usually populate? I miss being able to eat dominican dishes and playing domino. Or even if you know of any areas in KC where there are Puerto Ricans or Cubans, that would be helpful

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
First we clarify, Kansas City is not in Kansas, it's in Missouri. Then we clarify some more: Since you are from MO, the "Show Me State," are you saying that you want a dr1er to "show you" if there are Dominicans in KC? Is there Google in KC? Hint: search Cuban, Dominican, Puerto Rican restaurants in KC, then call or go to one or two. They'll "show you" where the hangouts are (if indeed they exist). :)

JLA1125

Aug 14, 2013
First we clarify, Kansas City is not in Kansas, it's in Missouri. Then we clarify some more: Since you are from MO, the "Show Me State," are you saying that you want a dr1er to "show you" if there are Dominicans in KC? Is there Google in KC? Hint: search Cuban, Dominican, Puerto Rican restaurants in KC, then call or go to one or two. They'll "show you" where the hangouts are (if indeed they exist). :)

There are actually two Kansas Citys; one in Kansas, one in Missouri. Kansas City, Missouri is, however, the much more larger of the two.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
There are actually two Kansas Citys; one in Kansas, one in Missouri. Kansas City, Missouri is, however, the much more larger of the two.

We clarify some more. I stand corrected. We clarify further: Which Kansas City is the OP referring to?

tmtkansas

Sep 6, 2013
well I have done some research and googled dominicans in kansas city, but not too much information came up. and I am referring to both Kansas City Missouri and Kansas City KS, I was just hoping to hear from Dominicans living in KC where might be some good places to experience and get involved with the dominican culture there in KC

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
The OP is asking a serious question, serious answers please.......

Do you have a more serious answer than I've already given? Do you know any DRs in KC? If anything, we're giving the thread longevity before its banished for lack of it. Please don't start with me.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
The OP is asking a serious question, serious answers please.......

Thomas Longoria: Latinos in Kansas: Demographics and Implications

Young Latino Professionals

Cities with the Highest Percentage of Hispanics in Kansas | Zip Atlas

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dos-Mundos-Newspaper/143029950430

KC Hispanic News

Latinos are there should not be too hard to find. Rice beans chicken, plantains eggs onion and vinegar for mangu are widely available. Bet there are also people playing dominos, got to get out there!

Aug 6, 2006
Si te cansas...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kansas City Missouri, like the state of Kansas, was named after the river, which was named after an Indian tribe. The two Kansas Cities are next to each other, separated by a river in the north and by State Line Ave. in the south. KCK was built up around the stockyards in the area where the Missouri and Kansas Rivers meet. There are a number of suburbs on the Kansas side, S and W of KCK. Taxes are lower in Kansas, so this is where some of the wealthiest people live.

I grew up in Liberty, MO, about 15 miles N of Kansas City, MO. There were only a few Mexicans in Kansas City in the 1960's when I left, but now there are many more. There are also quite a few Cubans. I am sure there are some Dominicans there, but I knew of none when I lived there.

Just to be confusing, the Kansas River is most often referred to by its other name, the Kaw.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kansas City Missouri, like the state of Kansas, was named after the river, which was named after an Indian tribe. The two Kansas Cities are next to each other, separated by a river in the north and by State Line Ave. in the south. KCK was built up around the stockyards in the area where the Missouri and Kansas Rivers meet. There are a number of suburbs on the Kansas side, S and W of KCK. Taxes are lower in Kansas, so this is where some of the wealthiest people live.

I grew up in Liberty, MO, about 15 miles N of Kansas City, MO. There were only a few Mexicans in Kansas City in the 1960's when I left, but now there are many more. There are also quite a few Cubans. I am sure there are some Dominicans there, but I knew of none when I lived there.

Just to be confusing, the Kansas River is most often referred to by its other name, the Kaw.

Show me. . . . :p

tmtkansas

Sep 6, 2013
Thomas Longoria: Latinos in Kansas: Demographics and Implications

Young Latino Professionals

Cities with the Highest Percentage of Hispanics in Kansas | Zip Atlas

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dos-Mundos-Newspaper/143029950430

KC Hispanic News

Latinos are there should not be too hard to find. Rice beans chicken, plantains eggs onion and vinegar for mangu are widely available. Bet there are also people playing dominos, got to get out there!

Thanks for the links those look like they could be good places to get information from