ok stupid fan question

I bought 2 thin standing fans at PriceSmart and they suck ass and don't work so I am returning them.

Does anyone know of a good place for standing good fans that work well, with a good price if possible, the thin ones not the ones with big ass round heads?! Unless the big head ones are quiet? I find them LOUD!!!!

North Coast would be better but i like traveling the island :)

I know stupid question, i just want some good standing fans b/c I be DAMN hot and my Pit is hot too, even the Chi's are huffing and puffing!!

I may actually learn not to buy any electronics from Price Smart now.....

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You might try La Sirena or Ochoa or Bellon as alternatives. Distribuidora Hawaii is also noted for having good stuff.

Hope it helps.

HB

Rosss

Jan 22, 2007
I bought 2 thin standing fans at PriceSmart and they suck ass and don't work so I am returning them.

Does anyone know of a good place for standing good fans that work well, with a good price if possible, the thin ones not the ones with big ass round heads?! Unless the big head ones are quiet? I find them LOUD!!!!

North Coast would be better but i like traveling the island :)

I know stupid question, i just want some good standing fans b/c I be DAMN hot and my Pit is hot too, even the Chi's are huffing and puffing!!

I may actually learn not to buy any electronics from Price Smart now.....
You could try Ferateria Papaterras. I seem to recall they have a good selection of fans.They are located in Sosua on Ruta 5

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
When I read the title I thought you were going to ask about Justin Bieber concert tickets...;)

Fans are hard to get these days. I had to buy one a few months ago, and I really couldn't find any that met my expectations, they were really flimsy, or noisy, or didn't work with inversor, or too expensive!. I ended up getting a Makna, which has worked well so far. About 2,000 DOP. At Jumbo, btw.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I have a universal which is very quiet except at the highest speed, and a Technomaster which is also quiet but doesn't push as much air. I guess quiet is a relative term, neither of them has a loud motor.

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
You can check at Jos? Luis Supermercado in Puerto Plata. They have a few, not too expensive and quiet.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Hunter - if you can find them. I've been looking out for a Hunter pedestal fan ever since a friend bought one (from Plaza Lama about 5 years ago) and it is much better that any other, including KDK: powerful and not at all noisy. The ones we have at the moment (one crappy pedestal and one 'wind machine') are so noisy I can only stand running them on 1.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
If you are talking about the blade-less cylinder type fans, none of them work very well. They are all copies of one sold by Sharper Image...probably made by Dyson...which does work ok, but not like a regular fan.

For regular fans, I've found KDK and Lasko are the best - look in Papaterra and Playero in Sosua...or go to La Sirena or the places HB mentioned in Santiago for a better selection.

May 5, 2007
Remember those six foot tall oscillating fans you would see in a barber shop? Damm things would knock you over when they swung in your direction