Real Estate Agent

ksanrio

Aug 21, 2013
I probably should have asked this question in my real estate post. But can anyone give me contact information to a good real estate agent. One that is bi-lingual and is willing to advocate for the best deal in Santo Domingo? In
this case I feel word of mouth is best.

Please reply or PM me (whichever is more appropriate).

Thank you
K

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
There is no such thing as a good real estate agent in Santo Domingo. If you are looking for apartment to rent or buy, they never try to find what you need. All of them have 10 apartments to show you, if you don't like any of them, you just go to another agent with another 10 apartments. Then to another agent, until you find something acceptable. That's it. Supercasas.com is the best site to find real estate in Santo Domingo. Find the property, not the agent. And if you want to sell your apartment, just put it on supercasas.com and put a sign SE VENDE on your window, it will work better than any real estate agent.

ksanrio

Aug 21, 2013
OUCH! Sounds like there's real opportunity for a local real estate agent to get their act together and shine since not any good ones LOL....Thanks for the advice, it puts things into perspective and helps me try to put together a game plan.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
OUCH! Sounds like there's real opportunity for a local real estate agent to get their act together and shine since not any good ones LOL....Thanks for the advice, it puts things into perspective and helps me try to put together a game plan.

Problem is only the gringos will notice, which is a small market in SD. IMO the locals wont acknowledge or notice this "over and above" service. I did buy through a girl at Remax metro named Jennifer Lopez, who did a good job and made me some appointments for showings at places I spotted on supercasas, so she is willing to dig a little and speaks average English as well.

ksanrio

Aug 21, 2013
Problem is only the gringos will notice, which is a small market in SD. IMO the locals wont acknowledge or notice this "over and above" service. I did buy through a girl at Remax metro named Jennifer Lopez, who did a good job and made me some appointments for showings at places I spotted on supercasas, so she is willing to dig a little and speaks average English as well.

Thank you

K