Where do I get that Car sticker thingy?!

OK I've been stressed to ask this question b/c I know others have asked it and I tried searching for it but I forget what the sticker name is.
What are the names of the 2 things I have to pay for my Car? Not insurance but i think one is Tax that i pay at Ban Res? 50 pesos or something?
Can you explain in detail where to get it and what the purpose is and the cost if possible?

My mechanic did it in January but I want to know how to do it myself and what it is for?! I don't like people doing everything for me, I like to know what the hell is going on!

I guess I was supposed to get this by last week?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Marbete- 1200 pesos if 2007 or older
Credit union , Bank reservas- ask your neighbours. Took me about 5 minutes and was without hassle.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Not a big problem, just go to Mocano in GH, which is in the new UTESA complex (across the street from the Esso) with a copy of your ownership papers and they will issue a marbette. At Banco Reservas you need a cedula(or someone with one, $RD45) to pay for the revista and the only place I know to get the revista is in Puerto Plata by the stadium.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The Revista is the one you pay 45 pesos at Banreservas and then get the sticker. But there are not many places that actually have it. But as long as you paid and keep the receipt in your car to show AMET you are OK.

The other is the Marbete. You can get that at Vimenca and many other small banks that loan money. That one is either 2200 or 1200 rd depending on the year of car. You only need a copy of your Registration or what is called the Matricula.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
One of my sister's has a car in the DR and she pays a fee for her car which is similar to
registering the car every year . You pay according to the year of the car between 1200
pesos and up.It's called marbete.

Marbete- 1200 pesos if 2007 or older
Credit union , Bank reservas- ask your neighbours. Took me about 5 minutes and was without hassle.

The only neighbors I talk to everyday would be Dominicans in a Barrio who don't have cars and probably would not know the answers as I think i tried asking them the first time when my mechanic did it.
My expat neighbors are either kinda awkward to get to or not that friendly.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
La Marbete s a very visible proof of annual tax on your vehicle. La revista is an obscure tax.....ie they do not have the paperwork.....you can pay it at the Banco Reservas but you need to keep the receipt for something that is beyond the average AMET officer's comprehension. Revistas are not enforced......guaranteed!!!!

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
MARBETE CAN BE DONE ONLINE ALSO ........Direccion General de Impuestos Internos.............. AND THEY EVEN WILL DELIVER TO YOUR RESIDENCE

Just now requested it online. Again it proofed to me the Dominican government isn't able to make error free websites and/or they don't test. When filling in the credit card details the field to choose the year of expiration gives the drop down list of the months of the year (just as the field to select the month of the year.

I left the year at 2013 and processed the order. If I receive my marbete like this it's worse, then credit card details are not completely checked.

EDIT: transaction was rejected, ran it again on the computer this time and there it works fine. Doesn't work correct on iPad.

Last edited:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
La Marbete s a very visible proof of annual tax on your vehicle. La revista is an obscure tax.....ie they do not have the paperwork.....you can pay it at the Banco Reservas but you need to keep the receipt for something that is beyond the average AMET officer's comprehension. Revistas are not enforced......guaranteed!!!!

I have no idea if anyone is stopped and fined if they don't have a current revista sticker. I recently purchased one for our car and they actually checked the function of the lights on the car before giving out the new sticker in Puerto Plata.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have no idea if anyone is stopped and fined if they don't have a current revista sticker. I recently purchased one for our car and they actually checked the function of the lights on the car before giving out the new sticker in Puerto Plata.

That is because you didn't give him a propina. LOL

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002

I have been stopped once in the highway entering SD by two police officers (no Amet) and while they didn't have anything on me they started about the revista sticker. Had no cash with me either and at the end they let me go.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Just now requested it online. Again it proofed to me the Dominican government isn't able to make error free websites and/or they don't test. When filling in the credit card details the field to choose the year of expiration gives the drop down list of the months of the year (just as the field to select the month of the year.

I left the year at 2013 and processed the order. If I receive my marbete like this it's worse, then credit card details are not completely checked.

EDIT: transaction was rejected, ran it again on the computer this time and there it works fine. Doesn't work correct on iPad.

That was fast. Requested on Saturday, delivered to my door today.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
This is the first thing im buying the Marbete, what so i have to bring/show or whatever to get it ? I went to vimenca today and she told me i have to bring something, but didnt know what lol.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
This is the first thing im buying the Marbete, what so i have to bring/show or whatever to get it ? I went to vimenca today and she told me i have to bring something, but didnt know what lol.

A copy of the Matricula. That's the vehicle title.

Meems

May 1, 2013
Marbete. You can get it at the credit nacional adjacent to the big Playero in Sosua.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Anyone knows where to get the Revista for 2014 in Sosua now, we asked around and most places that had it have run out and they say if you pay at the bank they don't give you the placa, just a receipt, to get the placa you have to go to the Puerto Plata and there your car might be examined/tested and so on and then you are on the path of paying the propinas and all that nonesense... !?