where to buy new yamaha scooter

Beach bum1

Sep 4, 2011
I'm looking to buy a new yamaha scooter, I reside in the Sosua area.
Would I get a better price going to Santiago?
Are there Yamaha dealerships in the area?
I've been to Papatera and they do have them for sale, is there somewhere better?
Thanks

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
You could try Orlando Commercial in Gaspar Hernandez, across the street from the Shell gas station, they sell Yamaha. Prices are pretty good, know of a French Canadian just bought a bike there...

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
There is the place in sosua abajo on the corner on the left (Cannot remember the name but is is a large shop with hundreds of scooters. Any motconcho will take you there for 100 pesos) and also a place down past puerto plata on the way to cofresi.

The prices tend to be the same but the bike may be newer or older depending upon where you go to. For example I bought my Apache in sosua abajo, but it was a last years model. If I had gone to another place i might have got a newer model. However it wasn't a big deal to me which year the bike was.

But IMO, you are not going to save much, the prices are pretty much the same give or take US$50. The Yamaha are the more expensive, wherever you look.

Unless of course you buy second hand which you are not looking to do.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
agree w/ charlie or Dave Tuna

prices are not too flexible...

e.g.
My main man's moto was stolen big problema , 2 children work, wife, etc.

I went w/ him - cash in my hand - thinking I could squeeze a deal.
I left him to do it to avoid the gringo treatment - i had a beer across the street (Nagua)

He did his best - i came w/ a bulge in my pocket....

couple of hundred pesos came off - not worth my gas for the 25 miles or so

Static pricing........

But he needed it pronto...

Still owes me most of it - from April
Will use liquidation to pay it off in December

The GH store is a nice one

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
my understanding is that there are no new Yamaha scooters sold here. they are all used, refurbished machines.

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
my understanding is that there are no new Yamaha scooters sold here. they are all used, refurbished machines.

not at all,

the typical yamaha two stroke sells for around 110-120 I think I haven't checked prices for a while. They are new, expensive but good quality.

I seem to remember someone bought a Zuma and rode around the island on it........Frank12 maybe?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
not at all,

the typical yamaha two stroke sells for around 110-120 I think I haven't checked prices for a while. They are new, expensive but good quality.

I seem to remember someone bought a Zuma and rode around the island on it........Frank12 maybe?

i might have been misinformed, but i have been told by more than one person that things like Jogs are not new.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
It was also my understanding that no new Yamaha scooters were sold on the island.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
There's a scooter/moped/cycle store here I'm POP called Red Motors, have a pretty good selection of bikes, may want to try them, don't have the number on hand, but can get it for you..If your POP, didn't read the first post...They are located around 5TH street just down from Jose Luis Supermarket..I looked into some myself a few Months back, here is some pricing broke down along with models should something else interest you..The Cost, INT is the deposit, then Monthly payments..I have photos of the bikes, but they won't post, one link works which is above, search the others for photos if you like.

The first bike would also be great if you have a wife, automatic and electric start or kick..Bottom 2 are pretty nice looking, bottom is my favorite out of these 3..However, they also have the Pasola Scooters? not sure of the spelling, but pretty expensive around 75,000.,. 1,800 US or so.. Nice white or Black, very fast for a scooter which if your driving ona major highway, you will certainly need, but may not be enough there..Brrrr...Brrrrr..I can do it, I can do it..;)

Sym Magic 110RR - Motorcycle Philippines
MAGIC 110
COST 45,000 INT. 15,000 MONTH 3,075.00

Dimensions: 1,910 x 690 x 1,100 mm
Wheel base: 1,220 mm
Net Weight: 103 kg
Engine Type: 4- stroke engine
Starting methods: Electrical & kick type
Front brake: Disc type (273 mm)
Rear brake: Drum type (200 mm)
Front light bulb: 12V 18W / 18W
Brake light bulb: 12V 5W / 18W
Turn signal light bulb: 12V 10W
Fuel tank capacity: 4 L
Engine oil tank capacity: 0.8 L
Spark plug: C6HSA
Battery capacity: 12V 5Ah

THE X 10000

COST 43,000 INT 12,000 MONTH 3,500

X PRO G150
COST 37,000 INT 7,000 MONTH 3,500.00

Hero MotoCorp has launched yet another bike in its Passion range in a bid to boost festive sales. Christened Passion XPro, the new bike is powered by an air-cooled, 4-stroke, 110cc engine with what Hero calls APSDVI (Advanced Pro Series Digital Variable Ignition). The engine produces 8.7PS of power at 7500rpm and is mated to a 4-speed transmission. The bike comes equipped with a digital-analog combo meter console featuring a service reminder indicator.

External features include new graphic design

Last edited:

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
The best scooter on this island hands down is the Fuel-Injected Yamaha 125cc Zuma (known as BWS here). I bought it new and have driven it all over the island. it's only 2.5 years old and has 23,000km on it. the only thing i've done is change the oil and air filter. That's it!! Because it's fuel injected, it starts up every time.

It's expensive--130,000 pesos. worth every penny.

they also sell a Yamaha 125 FS or something like that. I think its a 5 speed; it's beautiful, but you got to know how to change gears. It also costs 130,000 pesos.

FRank

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Does the bike come with a gear puller to change gears? ;) Come On Man..okay, bad one..

The best scooter on this island hands down is the Fuel-Injected Yamaha 125cc Zuma (known as BWS here). I bought it new and have driven it all over the island. it's only 2.5 years old and has 23,000km on it. the only thing i've done is change the oil and air filter. That's it!! Because it's fuel injected, it starts up every time.

It's expensive--130,000 pesos. worth every penny.

they also sell a Yamaha 125 FS or something like that. I think its a 5 speed; it's beautiful, but you got to know how to change gears. It also costs 130,000 pesos.

FRank

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
This is my scooter, but without the engine modification. I average 85MPG:

[video=youtube_share;5o0v58xfSZc]http://youtu.be/5o0v58xfSZc[/video]

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
This is my scooter, but without the engine modification. I average 85MPG:
What's the top speed of your Zuma on a flat road ? (I know it depends on how much you weight, but assuming you're average !)

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
What's the top speed of your Zuma on a flat road ? (I know it depends on how much you weight, but assuming you're average !)

It's not as fast as one would think. Between Cabarete and Sosua, i average around 85KM an hour--which is only 53MPH. When it's "Floored" it will not exceed 90KM--which is around 56MPH. Remember, its a scooter. It's not as fast as the same Yamaha 125 FZ--which has 5 gears and costs the same as the scooter. But, i will say this: It's bomb proof. I've ridden all over the island and have not had one single problem.

But it's like anything else, if you want quality, you got to pay for it!

Frank

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I got a 150cc JMD pasola, I got it used (rather abused I would say), but if I floor it in that same stretch of road I only get 90Kmph - not much really for 150cc.

But the things is the bumps in the road prevent me going in that speed anyway, this pasola doesn't give the smoothest rides - cheap Chinese model. I'm sure a Yamaha would have better shocks and smoother ride.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I got a 150cc JMD pasola, I got it used (rather abused I would say), but if I floor it in that same stretch of road I only get 90Kmph - not much really for 150cc.

But the things is the bumps in the road prevent me going in that speed anyway, this pasola doesn't give the smoothest rides - cheap Chinese model. I'm sure a Yamaha would have better shocks and smoother ride.
90 KPH on a 2 wheel Chinese bike on a Dominican road is recipe for an early demise. At least have a good helmut.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
90 KPH on a 2 wheel Chinese bike on a Dominican road is recipe for an early demise. At least have a good helmut.

LOL.... very true, I don't go with that speed, only tested it for top speed. I think around 70 kph is the normal speed of traffic, it's important to keep up with the traffic or you get run over with all those crazy cars and bigger vehicles.....!!!