Royal Navy in santo domingo last night, reminded me of why I left the UK.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Anyone else catch it?

So,etching quite amazing did happen, I met a guy not only from my home town, but two streets away from me. How small is the world?

I helped a guy out of the toilet, not the bathroom, I mean the actual toilet bowl. And had to translate why someone felt disrespected and was almost about to get his head beaten in by police. All this and I just went out for a pizza on the corner.

Brits abroad! Idiots! I really did feel quite embarrassed, good job people think I'm Italian.

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
You see the same from Americans everywhere. Such is life. Truly embarrassing for them, but most are too arrogant to even recognize it.

Thats why when i am here i always just say "soy Dominicano." Then we all laugh. Unless i am dealing with bad policia, then i say, "i am a tourist and dont know any spanish."

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Even the disappointed Prostitutes, :disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin:disappoin were complaining.
Only the "Tranis" made any "Pounds Sterling"!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

rayleeds

May 16, 2005
Leeds, United Kingdom
just substitute the word Brits and put yanks, Canadians, French or whatever and you will come across the same scenario the world over when young men are let loose somewhere warm with cheap beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Substitute", the word "MEN" and you will have it right!
"RayRay" bought much "Cervesa"since you got here???
Beer is NOT CHEAP" in the DR!
"Substitute" the work "Prostitutes", for "Cheap" and you will have it RIGHT!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
TRUST ME!
I am an EXPERT on both the above!!!!!

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
LOL, know the feeling - we have been 'Dominicanos' since we arrived, much to the amusement of the locals, who love to have a good laugh :)

However, there is one visiting female who loves her sanky, been visiting from the North of the UK for the last year or so and has proceeded to embarrassingly entertain her Canadian neighbours, I just cringe... then who does she come crying to when it all goes sour?! Unbelievable, can't they find another place to enjoy the pleasures of the flesh?