no surprise here

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
the DRs purchase of the Super Turcanos to stop drug shipments is under investigation by US government for bribery. Only question that Springs to mind is what took them so long to discover what we all suspected from the beginning. Why buy from Brazil. Ans. They are a corrupt country and will pay bribes. The US will not. Another general or two falls from grace. Is it possible their is a corruption gene in Dominicans make up? Its kinda rampant, dont you think?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
the DRs purchase of the Super Turcanos to stop drug shipments is under investigation by US government for bribery. Only question that Springs to mind is what took them so long to discover what we all suspected from the beginning. Why buy from Brazil. Ans. They are a corrupt country and will pay bribes. The US will not. Another general or two falls from grace. Is it possible their is a corruption gene in Dominicans make up? Its kinda rampant, dont you think?

exactly!! that is why the Metro was not built by Bombardier, because the Canadians are not big on bribes. then again, Barrick Gold...hmmm..

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
hey, zoom, here is more

In 2008, as Embraer was trying to sell its Super Tucanos to the Dominican Republic, investigators say the company was approached by the director of special projects for the country's armed forces, now-retired Colonel Carlos Piccini.

Piccini sought a payment of $3.4 million to facilitate the sale, which Embraer delivered in 2009 through a shell company in Uruguay, according to investigators. Attempts to reach Piccini through the Dominican armed forces were not successful.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
very true. maybe Bombardier is an exception, then..
Canadians are no better than the rest when it comes to this kind of business. The reason bombardier did not get the contract is that their bribe was not as big as the winners bribe

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Metro"????????
The DR paid the Spanish company that supplied the "Cars", 4 million US Dollars each.
Singapore, and another city I can't remember now,paid 2 million US for he exact SAME CARS!!!!!!
Shipping Costs??????:confused::confused::confused::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
"Metro"????????
The DR paid the Spanish company that supplied the "Cars", 4 million US Dollars each.
Singapore, and another city I can't remember now,paid 2 million US for he exact SAME CARS!!!!!!
Shipping Costs??????:confused::confused::confused::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

shipping costs? i don't think so.

comision.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I think 3.4 million US is the bribe amount under investigation exactly as the Gorgon wrote. What I find interesting is that a number drrunners saw exactly what was going on as it was going down. After a little more experience living here I now know that whenever big money is spent the payoffs are always part of the unseen deal. its automatic.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I think 3.4 million US is the bribe amount under investigation exactly as the Gorgon wrote. What I find interesting is that a number drrunners saw exactly what was going on as it was going down. After a little more experience living here I now know that whenever big money is spent the payoffs are always part of the unseen deal. its automatic.

every deal in this country involves a bribe or some other payoff. it is part of the culture.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
When I was letting contract for construction, and supplies here, I was ALWAYS offered 15 to 20 %
I ALWAYS declined!!!!!!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I never met an "Envelope" I didn't like!!!!
This post made by,"UNSIGHNED"
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
When I was letting contract for construction, and supplies here, I was ALWAYS offered 15 to 20 %
I ALWAYS declined!!!!!!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I never met an "Envelope" I didn't like!!!!
This post made by,"UNSIGHNED"
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

yes you did; the empty ones...

grumpy

Sep 22, 2013
Oderbrecht from Brazil built it. In 28 years as a subcontractor in construction in the Miami Area I was only beaten out of my money twice and one of them was this same Oderbrecht.

That's because they're corrupt and thieves. I worked for them.