Child support from a Dominican to a Canadian.

anamargaret

Dec 15, 2009
Is it unheard of that a Dominican man, living and working in the Dominican, send child support to another country.
I have a four year old daughter with a Dominican man that I have never received support for.
We have good communication and he is involved and interested in his daughters life under the circumstances. But over the past six months he continually lets me know how much money he is making at his job and is living the good life which I am truly happy for.
So now he needs to put his money where his mouth is. Is it worth my time to seek a lawyer to persue receiving child support from him while working in the Dominican to send to Canada? Has anyone ever heard of this?

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
i say just let the kid visit the father when you can send the kid to him and just hope he falls in love with the baby

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
If you and the child's father communicate well, why don't you speak with him
and see if he will submit child support voluntarily instead. Remember also
that unless he is making very good money once the money is converted from
Dominican to Canadian it really will not amount to much.So it may not be
worth it.

Let's just say as an example the court awards you $4,000 pesos a month
convert that to CAD and it's about $98.00.Will you be okay with that?

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Go after his sorry AZZ!! it will be retro as well, anything helps! Get a DNA asap, file! the courts here will do the rest...But when its suppose to end, end it! I'm now 2 Years over the time, for my divorce creed says 18, kids are 18 & 22, and yet it still goes on which I'm working to cancel it and to get reinburst for over payments..Now, if your income is ten fold over his, maybe leave it alone..He may be shooting his mouth off and NOT doing well..Keep in mind, most Dominicans only make 10,000 pesos a MONTH!! 240 bucks...hard to get by on that here no matter how you live..

My Ex nets over 100,000 US annually, I'm SSID..go figure that one! So, hopefully your a good hearted mom/person, think about both parties here..For me, being in my kids life is more important and maybe th eonly important thing to me than money! Too bad my ex is a money hungry b---!!!! I have not seen my kids in 8 Years because of this support...If he can see his kid, that there is more important..all I can say from experience..

Anthony

Is it unheard of that a Dominican man, living and working in the Dominican, send child support to another country.
I have a four year old daughter with a Dominican man that I have never received support for.
We have good communication and he is involved and interested in his daughters life under the circumstances. But over the past six months he continually lets me know how much money he is making at his job and is living the good life which I am truly happy for.
So now he needs to put his money where his mouth is. Is it worth my time to seek a lawyer to persue receiving child support from him while working in the Dominican to send to Canada? Has anyone ever heard of this?

ksanrio

Aug 21, 2013
I know I am going to get blasted for this.....Leave the guy alone, if he does not want to pay he's a deadbeat and he's going to regret it later in life when he is old and mature enough to see he missed out on being a father to his child. You both made the child, if it's too much of a financial burden for you, take the child back to the DR and let the father be the primary caretaker. Don't make it about MONEY. That is all to common in the western hemisphere.

On the other if you need the money and this is really about economics and providing sufficient level of care for your child then you have all the right in the world to use whatever legal tools you have at your disposal. Most Child Support Agency do have an International Unit-FYI

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Getting a Dominican to pay child support in R.D. is a feat in itself. Getting a Dominican to pay international support is wishful thinking. If you try to inforce support the legal system in R.D. will work against you.
With that said you can't.get blood from a stone, him doing well in his country comes nowhere close to your standard of living. So what are you really excepting to get? If anything ask him to put money into a bank account that's for the child where only you can remove funds.
Your a Canadian and Canada has many social programs that you can use why start bad feelings with your ex.

drescape24

kdolo

Mar 9, 2009
I know I am going to get blasted for this.....Leave the guy alone, if he does not want to pay he's a deadbeat and he's going to regret it later in life when he is old and mature enough to see he missed out on being a father to his child. You both made the child, if it's too much of a financial burden for you, take the child back to the DR and let the father be the primary caretaker. Don't make it about MONEY. That is all to common in the western hemisphere.

On the other if you need the money and this is really about economics and providing sufficient level of care for your child then you have all the right in the world to use whatever legal tools you have at your disposal. Most Child Support Agency do have an International Unit-FYI

Your advice is right on the money.

LEAVE THE MAN ALONE !!!! - ask him to help out, but leave it at that.

What do you think would happen by having a child with a Dominican when you are from Canada ???

Stop being vindictive and irrational. Why are women like this ???

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
"vindictive and irrational"? it takes two to produce a child and the two should bear the cost. any money is good, even 50 bucks a month will ad up to 600 in a year and that is enough for a nice xmas gift or to cover some of the costs of annual holidays.
having said that, it is unlikely that you will get anything at all. your good relations with the ex may be due to the fact that he can boast about his man jizz powers without taking any responsibility for his offspring. in any case, it does not hurt to ask him to contribute towards the costs. i do not think you can get any money out off him using legal channels, thou.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
This guy will not send you 1 poso. He is boasting to you that he has money but that is just Latin machismo. I am quite sure that you have seen where he is from and what he is all about before you hooked up with him. All this should not come as a surprise to you.
The surprise would be if he doesn't have kids by other woman and if he has ever worn a condom.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
This is something that a lot of women should think about prior to having children
with men from third world countries. They will be at a disadvantage. Women
need child support on a monthly basis(a good amount) instead of having to
accumulate the bit that they'll get for months before it can be considered
sufficient.

Feb 15, 2005
If you file for child support it will hang over his head, if he decides to travel or obtain a visa to travel. This is how it rolls in the U.S. when you owe child support, so I'm sure that there has been enough advancement that it may be applicable in the RD. It is
also true that having him involved in the baby's life is of utmost importance and if you file, that will probably change. But in my opinion he needs to participate on all levels. Maybe he can't see the baby all the time or as much as he may want to, but if he says he can send you $3000 pesos a month and also be involved, would you be satisfied? That you may be angry about something else would be of a total different agenda. So you have to decide what's fair all-around: the baby, you and the father..

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
Is it worth my time to seek a lawyer to persue receiving child support from him while working in the Dominican to send to Canada? Has anyone ever heard of this?

And now you wake up sister ?? 4 years after the fact ??
Are you for real ?? And you say you are Canadian ??
You sure you are ???

I consider myself very intelligent and smart and I am Canadian.... but really from Qu?bec so maybe that's the difference...

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
"but really from Qu?bec so maybe that's the difference..." - Cheap shot and not true!!

You sure you are ???

I consider myself very intelligent and smart and I am Canadian.... but really from Qu?bec so maybe that's the difference...

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
How otherwise would you explain a wake-up 4 years later ?? I would have not waited 4 years before asking for child support but then... I know I would get NADA... !!! so yes maybe cheap shot but funny IMHO....

Faut bien rire un peu dans la vie...

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
You sure you are ???

There is a huge difference between Canadians and Quebec which I love as an American to stir up, sit back and just let them go at it and since you cast the first stone lets get it on Canadians it's your turn Wooooohooooo !!!!!!!!

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
No Support

The likelihood that he will send child support to a foreign country is infinitesimal.
If he was truly involved and interested in his daughter he would have been sending money without being asked.His actions clearly demonstrate who he is.
His comments about making much money and living the good life are obviously an attempt to play with your mind, is it working?

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Probably not worth the effort but for me its the principle. I had a son and I paid what we agreed on the first of every month for 18 years and one month( for good measure) On top of that I bought cloths toys school trips and many other things in an attempt to have a relationship with him. Still didn't work out when mother was working against me. Now my Dominican woman has a daughter from previous man and he is suppose to pay 2000 pesos per month but since I came into the picture he figures the gringo can pay. Any man who makes a baby should be made to pay whatever amount agreed to or imposded by the courts....MAKE HIM PAY