Question about Morning Breeze Condos in Cabarete

HarryLB13

Feb 21, 2012
I was planning to arrive in Sosua for 30 days the first week of December. However, I waited too
long to make reservations.

Now I am looking for a possible long-term rental. In another post, someone mentioned the
Morning breeze condos in Cabarete. I understand it is a new gated condo complex. It looks like it
would meet my needs. I have been trying without any success to contact the condo management.

Do any of you live in Cabarete? If so, how would you rate it as a retirement location? For example,
are there good supermarkets, a good medical clinic, and other things retirees would need on a daily basis?
As a single retiree, I do not drink of smoke nor do I hang out at night (with few exceptions).

I would appreciate your feedback
Harry

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Its centrally located on the beach, but no on site parking, and no pool. Its brand new, but on the main street so it will be noisy from all the motoconcho flying by during the day and especially at night.....
Everything you had requested are within 2 blocks, so no problems there....
The same owners also own San Succi, which is located in a quieter location and still on the beach

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I'm wondering if you are confusing Morning Breeze condos in downtown Cabarete with the Sea Breeze gated condos right next o Nanny Estates and Bahia Del Arena on the west end of town? They're both new. One is gated, one isn't. One has parking inside the gates, the other has no parking at all. Both our on the beach.

Frank

HarryLB13

Feb 21, 2012
Frank12

It was my mistake. I thought that I had read that Morning Breeze condos were gated. I finally reached some one and the
rental prices are a bit above my budget. In addition, the units that are currently available are limited to three
or four months because the owners are planning to use them during the spring time frame.

Are there many long-term retirees living in the Cabarete area? How would you rate Cabarete compared to
Sosua and Puerto Plata?

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I'm not retired but I know plenty of retirees living happily in Cabarete, with a good social life. It has a good Supermarket (Janet's) plus a couple of smaller ones. There are also a few clinics, with Servi-Med in the centre of town. The private hospital at Sosua isn't far if you need it. I may be biased, but I would rate Cabarete better for retirees than Sosua or Puerto Plata.