Job Fair For Super Pola (La Sirena, Sosua)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

Although the foundation for the new supermarket in Sos?a (at the highway to Cabarete) still has to be built, today, Friday December 6th a job fair is held.

The fair will be held in the premises of the supermarket La Sirena in Puerto Plata. The job market starts at 9 AM and lasts until 6 PM. Those who wish to apply for any of the jobs offered, have to bring a Curriculum Vitae, two passport photos, a copy of their c?dula or passport and a school certificate (proof of national testing). The prospective employees must then participate in a course and then it is decided who qualifies for a job at the new store in Sos?a.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I wonder if they mentioned this somewhere else before today. Nah, this is the DR, they probably didn't.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i was supposed to post it earlier this week, i heard that from one of la sirena workers. so i am sure those who are willing to do the job knew all along about this job fair. you'd be surprised to know how the word gets around.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Update On Super Pola Job Fair

From today's Sosua News:

Before 9 AM there were several hundred young people from Sos?a, Montellano and Puerto Plata waiting hopefully at the door of the department store La Sirena in Puerto Plata. Upon entering the group was met by the personnel manager Jos? Halls who explained what was expected of the aspiring candidates.

Behind him stood some tables where staff officers helped the applicants with registrations and formalities. Some of the candidates will soon get a call to follow a professional training. They have five checkouts in La Sirena ready on which the candidates can practice. Ultimately, the best candidates will be offered a job. The management of the department store, now under construction in the resort town of Sos?a, believes that it is a growth market. It is a highly regarded residential location where the last couple of years many foreigners have settled. Despite the global economic crisis, we see in and around Sos?a still many houses and villas to be built