Vacation Stay

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Hi,

I am preparing for my 2 week visit in DR in Santo Domingo in February 2014 for my wedding. I have some questions and want to know which is the best way to save my money and be safely while I am in DR. Thanks!

1) Shall I stay at a hotel and pay weekly rate or rent a apartment/condo that I am seeing around for at least $500 week which gives me everything for bang buck.

2) Will the renting apartment or condo is safer and better for me during 2 week visit in DR?

3) Shall I find apartment or condo somewhere near Agora/Blue Mall that area since I will be close to everything while I will make frequent visit to US Embassy to prepare for my fiancee VISA process and marriage.

4) If I choose to rent a apartment or condo, will I get water, electrictly, internet and all these features 24/7 without no problems?

I know hotel has them but they charge you more fees if you want these like internet and they dont have kitchens.

5) Shall I rent a car but since driving in SD is dangerous or should I just drive around the Nactional?

6) Which area in Nactional should I look at and why is it better for me? because I will be alone by myself.

I hope to hear your opinions and experiences what you had done in the past.

Thanks again and have a wonderful holidays! Look forward to be in DR again soon.

Cheers!
~Joe

St. Bernard

Dec 8, 2013
I stayed in an apart hotel in the centre of the city for a couple of weeks, it had everything I needed.
Security,
24 hour water and electricity,
Kitchenette,
Laundry was done for a price,
Cleaner,
In house bar/restaurant,
And was very reasonable.
Also attractive was no deposit required which you may find independent properties require, and after previous experiences with landlords in DR, I certainly would not keep my fingers crossed for a full return.