Ronnie Graham RIP

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I often told Ronnie that I wanted to be just like him when I grew up.

He would laugh and say "You're in trouble, then."

I was hoping to run into him at Franks Thanksgiving feast at the Boat House but he didn't pop in that day.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Ronnie was a class act. I never got to know him as well as I would have wanted but cest la vie.
RIP

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
I popped in at his bar occasionally before hurricane George. Met him last in the Villa Mariana bar a couple of years back. RIP!

johnnj2000

Mar 27, 2004
I am totally devastated, I've known Ronnie for over 20 years in my travels to the DR. I had hoped to see him as I usually do when I go there . My
Heart goes out to his wife and family along with all his close friends from the Boat House who where very close to him. I had always hoped to retire there and see him at the boathouse enjoying his Bohiemia Cerveza. I got to spend some good quality time with him when I was there in August
With his friend and mine Mac. I knew he was slowing down a little but I guess I would always have wanted to see him just one more time. I will be
Back there in February and it will just not be the same without him . Over the years I became very attached to Ronnie and will miss his ways and
Inviting smile, I will miss him dearly, he was a true friend, Rest in Peace my friend, You lived a long and fruitful life,and now its time for you to rest,
Rest beside the Lord for he is with you. Your Friend Forever John from New Jersey ,Love to you always.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I am totally devastated, I've known Ronnie for over 20 years in my travels to the DR. I had hoped to see him as I usually do when I go there . My
Heart goes out to his wife and family along with all his close friends from the Boat House who where very close to him. I had always hoped to retire there and see him at the boathouse enjoying his Bohiemia Cerveza. I got to spend some good quality time with him when I was there in August
With his friend and mine Mac. I knew he was slowing down a little but I guess I would always have wanted to see him just one more time. I will be
Back there in February and it will just not be the same without him . Over the years I became very attached to Ronnie and will miss his ways and
Inviting smile, I will miss him dearly, he was a true friend, Rest in Peace my friend, You lived a long and fruitful life,and now its time for you to rest,
Rest beside the Lord for he is with you. Your Friend Forever John from New Jersey ,Love to you always.

well said, John. my sentiments exactly.

whiskylee

May 13, 2007
Interesting bloke and all Good guys, I would have a beer with them at the pool bar (plaza Real) when they did there day time
bar visits

el forastero

Bronze
Oct 25, 2009
RIP, Ronnie. The Beach Bar was my first stop after getting off the plane on my first trip to the DR in 1998. Bien frias and a good conversation with Ronnie on his back porch. Dodging holes in the floor on the way to the john.

johnnj2000

Mar 27, 2004
well said, John. my sentiments exactly.

Over the years I've lost some great guys who lived there, the first was Patrick, then the Canadian guy, The guy from Boston, Ronnie's Partner Richard, and there are probably a few I missed,but Ronnie, he was special to me,he always encouraged me to spread my wings and enjoy the country he loved so much. I will never forget him . To the rest of all my friends down there at the Boathouse , although we lost a good, no Great Friend!!! I share in your sorrows and am sorry I could not be there to share your. grief at this difficult time. To both Rays, Lawrence, Mari, Mac, Glenn, Gasoline Jim,Mark, we lost a Patriot. I'd like to say he was one of us, the guys who truly love this Country, but that's hard to say that as he was a Pioneer who paved the way for us. Dec 12th2013. One day I hope to fulfill my dream that one day I will be there Retired, relaxing with friends and Every Dec12th raise my glass and make a toast to Ronnie, a good friend and always remembered. I truly feel so so sad.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
If you'd tell us what name he posted under on DR1 we might know who he is.

Well I never met the guy or heard of him but he seems to have touched the people who knew him with kindness and good memories so I don't know what you expect from people that didn't know him.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Back long before I signed on D, I recall a Graham on here often, I would imagine it was him..I may be wrong since it was back around 2006, was outside looking in until I moved here...I'm sure some other members will know, maybe already posted being I didn't read through this thread...

Ant

If you'd tell us what name he posted under on DR1 we might know who he is.