I remember when.........

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
Those piercing green eyes and supple lips, that perfectly proportioned tight body with a lightly tanned complexion and beautiful face?I was a mere rookie to the Dominican hustle and the power of a sexy Santiaguera.
The morning after our first romantic encounter all I can remember her saying is ?quiero un BB? over and over again like a cuckoo Spanish parrot?. She was driving me crazy.:tired:

I returned home still in a daze, and like a blinded fool, I ordered a top of the line Blackberry online?.. Then I started thinking? hmmmm, this phone is nicer than mine:ermm:?.. I decided to make a phone call and end it all right then and there cause I'm no sucker?.Quiero un BB tambien.

She had me? but only for a minute?.what a nice minute it was.
Oh, and thanks for the BB mami
True story.

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
Seems like BB is very popular in DR, why?

It is one more propietary "system/phone" like windows and iphone, but nothing like and Android phone.

Feb 7, 2007

It is one more propietary "system/phone" like windows and iphone, but nothing like and Android phone.

It USED to be because of BBM chat .... "Dame tu PIN" ... but right now you can get BBM on Android and Iphone as well... I forsee a huge BB decline in the DR as the "chicas" find out ... or better to say as they start getting Android phones with BBM pre-installed.

BUT .... nothing yet beats the butter-like keyboard of BB Bold 9900 ... it was a pleasure to type on it. After 3+ months I still make typos in every third word on Galaxy S4.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011

Well, first of all, Blackberries were really really expensive=Status Symbol. There was the Qwerty keyboard, then BBM, which, gave people rich unlimited texting. And also, you didn't need to give people your phone number, just your PIN. Most people here use their cell phones for chatting, social media and music. They don?t really care about having a million apps or what kind of chipset the phone has !

But now BB?s are in decline. Android, IPhone and Windows Phone it?s what's cool now!

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Nope, I'm hot AND sexy ; ) Do you believe all Dominicana's are ho's?....

No, not all Dominicanas are ho's but there's something that she thought you had to make up for, right away, in return for what she gave you. Do you think that's normal?

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Did the blackberry have a data plan that was cheaper or hackable?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Paradise doesn't come without a price. Quid pro quo! I do something for you and you in return do something for me. Sounds like a fair deal until a Blackberry, jewerly and your cash are not enough. It is a slippery slope.

LTSteve

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Did the blackberry have a data plan that was cheaper or hackable?

At first you could only get a Blackberry plan with a contract. The data plan was more expensive than having other phones, but the cool thing was that if you had the "Blackberry ilimitado" you could tether your laptop.

Then the prepaid plans came. If i'm not mistaken, the first was VIVA which offered BBM for 25 pesos a day.

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
No, not all Dominicanas are ho's but there's something that she thought you had to make up for, right away, in return for what she gave you. Do you think that's normal?

Some people will try to get what they can from others (deserved or not). I did not pursue this female and she invited herself to be in my company. I simply went with the flow she was providing.
That said, I was generous to her (except the BB) and she was happy until I ended it.
No other female has ever made this request of me before or after.....She was not "normal".

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
BB's are things of the past, now it's all Android, and yes, BBM for Android is great! I recommend it!

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007

One doesn't need to travel to the Domiican Republic to experience this. You'd be surprised to know some of the things I've been asked for. I have been asked for everything from cell phone/ digital camera to a condo. this increased dramatically since my hair went grey, almost as though I've become the personification of Santa himself.

I have found that by and large, the Women who ask with specific gift details are not the ones who will be appreciative no matter what you give them and by enabling them we can only hope to become the means to an end. In stark contrast, the ones who accept any gift from the heart with surprised zeal are more than worth the effort. I used to bring small gifts for the staff where I stayed in Santo Domingo and for less than the cost of the airport taxi it turned my arrival day into a celebration. It doesn't cost a mint to bring smiles to people's faces, just a thought and some small token of appreciation.

Those who feel they have to ask are hustlers. What I don't understand about the whole blackberry phenomenon is how someone who's never seen $500 together at one time can ask for a $500 gift like asking for a refresca and then play it off saying "it's nothing" to which I reply "okay, when you get yours pick up one for me and I'll pay you back".

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
I guess asking for a phone makes them feel like less of a ho. I always like it when they are just "honest" and say they need money for their sick mother daughter sister brother. or when they say they need 1000 pesos for a taxi ,...to go 3 blocks.

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
When I have encountered "ladies" that request money I simply tell them "no" and point out other guys (in the general area) that may compensate them for their time.
Funny thing is they never leave and drop the money issue altogether.
Some "ladies" are just "fishing" because they want the cake and to eat it too. Kind of like crack dealers that are addicted to their own stash. I tend to avoid this type of female.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
When I have encountered "ladies" that request money I simply tell them "no" and point out other guys (in the general area) that may compensate them for their time.
Funny thing is they never leave and drop the money issue altogether.
Some "ladies" are just "fishing" because they want the cake and to eat it too. Kind of like crack dealers that are addicted to their own stash. I tend to avoid this type of female.

You just do not get it, do you?
FREE sex, LOL!
Do you look at balance sheets , ever hear of a "back end loaded" quarter?