The most functional english word

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Well, it's sh1t ... that's right, sh1t!

Sh1t may just be the most functional word in the English language.

You can smoke sh1t, buy sh1t, sell sh1t, lose sh1t, find sh1t, forget sh1t, and tell others to eat sh1t.

Some people know their sh1t, while others can't tell the difference between sh1t and shineola.

There are lucky sh1ts, dumb sh1ts, and crazy sh1ts. There is bull sh1t, horse sh1t, and chicken sh1t.

You can throw sh1t, sling sh1t, catch sh1t, shoot the sh1t,or duck when the sh1t hits the fan.

You can give a sh1t or serve sh1t on a shingle.

You can find yourself in deep sh1t or be happier than a pig in sh1t.

Some days are colder than sh1t, some days are hotter than sh1t, and some days are just plain sh1tty.

Some music sounds like sh1t, things can look like sh1t, and there are times when you feel like sh1t.

You can have too much sh1t, not enough sh1t, the right sh1t, the wrong sh1t or a lot of weird sh1t.

You can carry sh1t, have a mountain of sh1t, or find yourself up sh1t creek without a paddle.

Sometimes everything you touch turns to sh1t and other times you fall in a bucket of sh1t and come out smelling like a rose.

When you stop to consider all the facts, it's the basic building block of the English language.

And remember, once you know your sh1t, you don't need to know anything else!!

You could pass this along, if you give a sh1t; or not do so if you don't give a sh1t!

Well, sh1t, it's time for me to go. Just wanted you to know that I do give a sh1t and hope you have a nice day, without a bunch of sh1t. But, if you happened to catch a load of sh1t from some sh1t-head...........Well,

Sh1t Happens!

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
There is discussion of alternatives.

[video=youtube_share;K6p8laE9p5s]http://youtu.be/K6p8laE9p5s[/video]

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Nope!

Prove me wrong! What can you do with -?ck that you can't do with sh1t?

Sorry but I must disagree. F?ck is truly the most versatile word. It can be almost every word in a single sentence:

"F?ck the f?cking f?ckers!"

Here's a nice bit I found on the web. Source link at the bottom:

Why F?ck is the Best Word in the English Language...
by Who the F?ck Knows

Perhaps one of the most interesting and colorful words in the English language today is the word "f?ck".

It is a magical word which, just by its sound can describe pain, pleasure, love, and hate. In language, "f?ck" falls into many grammatical categories.

It can be used as a verb both transitive (John f?cked Mary) and intransitive (Mary was f?cked by John).

It can be an action verb (John really gives a f?ck),

a passive verb (Mary really doesn't give a f?ck),

and adverb (Mary is f?cking interested in John),

or as a noun (Mary is a terrific f?ck).

It can also be used as an interjection (F?ck! I'm late for my date with Mary).

It can even be used as a conjunction (Mary is easy, f?ck she's also stupid).

As you can see there are very few words with the overall versatility of the word f?ck.

Aside from its sexual connotations, this word can be used to describe many situations:

1. Greetings........."How the f?ck are ya?"

2. Fraud..............."I got f?cked by the car dealer."

3. Resignation......."Oh, f?ck it!"

4. Trouble............."I guess I'm f?cked now."

5. Aggression........."F?ck you!"

6. Disgust................"F?ck me."

7. Confusion............." What the f?ck....?"

8. Displeasure............"F?cking **** man..."

9. Lost........................"Where the f?ck are we?"

10.Disbelief..............."Unf?ckingbelievable!"

11.Retaliation............."Up your f?cking ass!"

12. Apathy................."Who really gives a f?ck?"

13. Suspicion............."Who the f?ck are you?"

14. Directions.............."F?ck off."

It can be maternal........"Motherf?cker!"

It can be used to tell time......."It's four f?cking twenty!"

It can be used as an anatomical description............."He's a f?cking asshole."

Lastly, it has been used by many notable people throughout history:

"What the f?ck was that?" -Mayor of Hiroshima

"That's not a real f?cking gun." -John Lennon

"Where the f?ck is all this water coming from?" -Captain of the Titanic

"Who the f?ck is gonna find out?" -Richard Nixon

"Heads are gonna f?cking roll." -Anne Boleyn

"Any f?cking idiot could answer that." -Albert Einstein

"It does so f?cking look like her!" -Picasso

"You want what on the f?cking ceiling?" -Michaelangelo

"F?ck a duck." -Walt Disney

"Houston, we have a big f?cking problem." - The crew of Apollo 13

- written by McCutcheon

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
I loved both examples of how these words can be used, be it sh1t or f*ck... who gives a darn? LOL

gas

Jul 28, 2013
Frank, your music taste is the sh!t. I mean it. Meanwhile, I have to go take a crap.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
This guy has a few videos. He say some funny chit!
Here's my funny story about the Universal Dominica word: I had to go and change a flight at American Airlines in the SD office. The clerk asked me if I spoke Spanish and I said yes but I prefer to speak English for business. He says OK no problem. His first question to me "Do you have your passport?" My very loud and animated answer "CONO!" I had left my passport in my apartment. Everyone in the office cracked up laughing. He said to my friend. "Ella puede hablar Espanol muy bien! "
I used the Universal Dominican word often. Finally one day a friend told me not to use the word in public because it was a very bad word. How would I know that? Everyone says it all the time. I tried very hard to change my Dominican word to !DIABLO! to be less offensive.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
You study English for years, and no one tells you all you needed to know was "Sh*t" and "F*ck"!

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Silly me!!! I thought the most functional word in english was SMURF.....