Claro Vs Tricom In santiago

Enrike

Jan 31, 2010
Hello Everybody

Im plannig to move to santiago when my daugther finish the school, so rigth now i have Claro services so i was wondering if anybody can tell me if tricom services are good in santiago like Internet, cable, telephone i make this question because i found out that tricom services are cheaper. I just find out that i can double or get 3 times the internet connection from tricom cheaper than claro.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
I like Tricom so far (3 months): TV + 4MB Internet + phone line, for 2,370/mo.

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
I have tricom and I have had Claro. Tricom has been better for me internet-phone-tv in one connection (cable).

The transaction with tricom took 30 minutes; no waiting. Claro took two trips and a total time of 1.5 hours.

Enrike

Jan 31, 2010
I like Tricom so far (3 months): TV + 4MB Internet + phone line, for 2,370/mo.

Hello
Im wonder about how many channel you have, at the moment i have superior plan and 2MB and pay 2,800/mo

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
The transaction with tricom took 30 minutes; no waiting. Claro took two trips and a total time of 1.5 hours.

I signed the contract at 2pm, - by 12pm the following day everything was installed and working. So far it has been smooth sailing, hopefully that Orange merger won't screw things up.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Hello
Im wonder about how many channel you have, at the moment i have superior plan and 2MB and pay 2,800/mo

It's the same plan (Superior). There was (still is?) a promotion where internet was doubled - so I pay for 2MB but get 4. And additional 20% discount for having a phone line - so it was like 100 pesos extra in the end for that.

Enrike

Jan 31, 2010
It's the same plan (Superior). There was (still is?) a promotion where internet was doubled - so I pay for 2MB but get 4. And additional 20% discount for having a phone line - so it was like 100 pesos extra in the end for that.

Have family there, for be more specific the owners of cachicha.com so i make the question to them about why they do not use tricom instead claro because i realize is cheaper but their answer is that tricom never give what they say to clients.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Have family there, for be more specific the owners of cachicha.com so i make the question to them about why they do not use tricom instead claro because i realize is cheaper but their answer is that tricom never give what they say to clients.

And Claro does? Lol. One company I wouldn't deal with ever again. Tricom gives me 100% of the advertised speed, 99% of the time. Besides, the hosting needs of a website are different from a consumer, perhaps Claro is better in that area. I used to be on a Wind service but they max out at 3MB, and the service isn't as stable as you'd get from a line connection.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
how many stations are in english? how are the sports?

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I have the superior plan, not a lot in English unfortunately. The discovery channels are mainly Spanish, 50% of the movie channels are in Spanish, the women's channels are mainly English. News and sports in English but not a lot of sports options. Loads of Spanish, loads of English channels dubbed into Spanish!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Claro has a lot of live sports. ESPN, ESPN2, a few FOX Sports channels, and some local channels that show PPV fights free and NBA. You need to set your TV to English and most of the time there is an English feed. ESPN always has it.

Enrike

Jan 31, 2010
Thanks for the replay.

I think that i will test with tricom when i move there its look like they have pretty good services hope tha it woill keep like that there for the time will arrive.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
how many stations are in english? how are the sports?

I think there are 20-30 english channels overall on my Superior plan (as was pointed out above you need to switch audio default from Spanish to English to get the most of it). The MAX plan, which I had for free for the first 15 days of the service, has great sports options, as well as a bunch of HBO channels, so better get that one if you need sports.

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
I have Claro and want Tricom. The only issue I see with Tricom is that they are not available in all areas.

Here is my issue with Tricom. I was talking to a representative from Tricom and he told me my area would have service in two weeks. I waited two weeks, still no service. Contacted him the same day and he said it'd be another two weeks. After those two weeks went by and still no explanation I got in contact with his boss who said it would be another two weeks. At the end of those weeks there was still no service and I gave up. A little over 6 weeks of the runaround with no explanation and I was ****ed. The only reason I waited so long was because I was paying a friend to use his Wind internet while I waited to get my service installed. By the way, Wind is TERRIBLE!

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
I think there are 20-30 english channels overall on my Superior plan (as was pointed out above you need to switch audio default from Spanish to English to get the most of it). The MAX plan, which I had for free for the first 15 days of the service, has great sports options, as well as a bunch of HBO channels, so better get that one if you need sports.

Are there cartoon channels in English? My kids hate that Spongebob is in Spanish.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Are there cartoon channels in English? My kids hate that Spongebob is in Spanish.

There are 1 or 2 cartoon channels in English.

Does Tricom have a wireless router or should I bring one? Any wireless routers that you would recommend?

Their box includes a wireless module but I found its quality to be subpar (e.g. connection drops), so I plugged in an old Linksys router to one of the ethernet sockets and use its wireless instead.