law for motorcycles

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
I'm not trying to be sarcastic but do motorcycles have to obey the same rules as vehicles?

I see them using one-ways the wrong way, busting red lights, driving on the wrong side, overloading, small kids driving and far more other dangerous manoeuvres all under the noses of the AMET with impunity.
I've seen the patrol to collect money on the no-helmet day but ignoring the driving violations.

They'll stop a car for a seemingly simple thing like seat belt or flasher but the bikes whizz perilously past undeterred.
Is there a code for the road actually printed somewhere?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I'm not trying to be sarcastic but do motorcycles have to obey the same rules as vehicles?

I see them using one-ways the wrong way, busting red lights, driving on the wrong side, overloading, small kids driving and far more other dangerous manoeuvres all under the noses of the AMET with impunity.
I've seen the patrol to collect money on the no-helmet day but ignoring the driving violations.

They'll stop a car for a seemingly simple thing like seat belt or flasher but the bikes whizz perilously past undeterred.

i am not trying to be sarcastic, wrecksum, but do vehicles of any kind obey laws?

i do not think that operators of vehicles here really realize that there are actually laws which govern their usage. guys drive around with no plates, and never get stopped.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Laws basically apply only on the days AMET are out reinforcing them.

But seriously, I believe that yes there are laws for motorcycles and they are very similar to the ones for vehicles but I doubt 1% of the population knows what they are or that they actually exist (other than the helmet one).

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Laws basically apply only on the days AMET are out reinforcing them.

But seriously, I believe that yes there are laws for motorcycles and they are very similar to the ones for vehicles but I doubt 1% of the population knows what they are or that they actually exist (other than the helmet one).

i still marvel at the idea of a guy just buying a bike from his neighbor, and hurtling around the countryside with no plates, nor insurance. what is that?

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
I say it all the time. If i was dictator here my first act would be to suspend ALL drivers license. I used to cringe when i saw near miss accidents. I hate to admit but honestly i have rather come to enjoy seeing them. Its not so much that i enjoy people being hurt, because i dont. I do enjoy when people get what they beg for.

But to answer ur question, yes there are laws. But they are not observed or enforced effectively. Like painting stripes on the road or parking lots. Why bother? You cant drive more than a few miles on the autopista without seeing people backing up a quarter mile because they missed a turn.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
You cant drive more than a few miles on the autopista without seeing people backing up a quarter mile because they missed a turn.

An AMET officer got ticked off at me once because he had to walk about 100m to where I had stopped after he'd flagged me down (believe me, I didn't have the choice to go on). When he finally arrived huffing and puffing at my car, he asked me why I hadn't reversed to where he was. I told him that I thought it was a trick to get me to break another law (I was 15km/h over the limit) since I wasn't supposed to reverse on a highway. He didn't find it funny...

popvisitor.

Nov 14, 2013
Maybe the authorities believe that with the way motorcyclists drive, no helmets and all that they maintain a level of self regulation

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there is a law for motors, believe it on not. or rather specific adjustments in the existing transit laws in regards to motos. i am too lazy to look it up again but i posted some pearls of wisdom from that law a while ago, such as the fact that a child only counts as half a passenger.

silkesmo

Jan 17, 2014

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I drive a moped. Basically the only law is wear a helmet. I got stopped and they took my moped yesterday in a sting. As long as your not being an a-hole. motos can do whatever. It's more dangerous for us than others.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Somebody told me that motores were not counted as motor vehicles. Can that be true?

(A regular visitor knows which way to look when crossing the road on a one-way street...

A surviving resident looks both ways........)