flying DELTA for first time since i can remember..i always been a JETBLUE guy!opinons

ZC1

Dec 8, 2013
Delta is a good airline. Used to use it often from Atlanta to Miami. If flying in/out of Miami the Delta Terminal is very calm compared tothe AA side. I use them all depending upon price but unfortunately it seems that fares are up 38% across the board. Used to be able to Fly AA or Jet Blue r/t MIA - SDQ for about $350 and now finding a fare below $475 requires lots of hunting and odd hours.

manny20

Oct 2, 2012
i found a nice deal for $430 round trip for march boston to sti ill be there in 6hrs total

Barahonacity

Dec 2, 2012
I agree with ZC1, Delta is good. I don't have a favorite , I just fly with the airline that has the better price or the better hours.

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
Jet blue is better than Delta but C.R.E.A.M. Rather blow it on the island than on a ticket.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
delta is the best. Reliable planes, safety is very important to delta so their planes are in top condition.
AZB

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
delta is the best. Reliable planes, safety is very important to delta so their planes are in top condition.
AZB

Also best if you are non rev :)

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I dont particularly care for Delta but I would take them if they are cheaper.I much prefer Jetblue. Also, Delta frequent flyer program is a joke and frequently refered as Skypesos.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Does Spirit have a history of being unsafe? They are sooooo cheap I did take them twice. Both times there were customer service issues. I think they only hire morons.

Delta is good, but ANYTHING is better than the ghetto sky bus of the Caribbean...Spirit Airlines.

Spirit serves their refreshments in Pimp Cups

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
ive used delta 6 times, montreal to nyc and nyc to sdq or montreal to atlanta and atlanta to sdq

one time they called to to change one of my conecting flights, the hours were not convienient so i was able to travel the day before or day after at no extra cost. some times there was sandwich on the flight , sometimes only cookies and pretzls etc.

i found delta was always much cheaper and better hours than any other flight,

my next flight will be from west jet because i want direct, and will go to punta cana instead.

but yes delta very very good

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
just one advise, if you have a conecting delta flight , and you are almost last one on, and they say your carry on doesnt fit, they will put it inside the cargo, so make sure you take out your important stuff and lock the carry on, cause mine always!!!!! go into cargo cause i have economy class and never any space left in the bins above. and 3 out of the 6 times, my carry on went all the way to my destination and was not returned to me when i got of the first flight. so that is kind of scary to know you have an un identified bag that went to final destination.. i guess they forget it and pass it with all the others . so lock even your carry on andput your nam

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
I always fly spirit. They are cheap and add on for everything, but for the $150.00 difference i can pay $3.00 for a diet coke. Arriving in strange cities at 3:00 AM is always an added adventure also. I was told that their landing fees are less at 3:00 AM whether it is Caracas or Panama City or STI or SDQ. the CEO in an interview was laughing at people he said he was gonna go into a McDonalds and order a sirloin steak and sue them when they refused to serve it to him.

I fly to SDQ using Delta every time. The price difference between Spirit and Delta is not enough to switch. Plus the hours. Based on my flying I'm usually one of the first ones on the plane in any case. Maybe I get treated a little better? :)

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
Does Spirit have a history of being unsafe? They are sooooo cheap I did take them twice. Both times there were customer service issues. I think they only hire morons.

Not at all...All airlines have to abide by FAA guidelines on maintenance, so that's not really a concern.

Derfish, going to SDQ you actually arrive at a decent hour. Going to STI, on the other hand, is a scary proposition. Be prepared to get mugged leaving the airport. You are arriving at 3AM...roll the dice. I'm a big guy, but I can't out run a bullet.

Their primary issue is their lackluster customer service. Let me not sugar coat it....their customer service sucks dirty donkey a$$. If you call customer service, it is a long distance number, not a toll free number. When you reach someone, it conjures up images in my mind of a boiler room operation in the middle of India somewhere with a barn close by filled with farm animals. To keep 'la luz' going, I imagine a few guys pedaling on bicycles rigged to power generators to keep the place going. Yea, its that bad!

The second issue is their "a la carte" pricing. Your initial impression may be that they are the cheapest, but upon closer review you will notice their nickel and dime strategy. Examples:

ONLY 1 small bag is free (laptop bag, purse)
ALL other bags you get charged for...see their BAG PRICES
...and the bag prices are all over the place depending WHEN/WHERE you buy them
You board the plane, you get charged for small snacks and refreshments.
They even charge you to use the bathrooms!!!

Ok, I exaggerated on the last one. But if they could fit a coin slot on the door don't put it past them!!

Last edited:

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
So I looked at a comparison at fares between Spirit and Delta just to see if things had changed. The last time I looked at it was probably a year ago and it didn't make sense enough for me.

Dates used: 5/3 to 5/17

Spirit: Fare + carry on bag + one checked bag - round trip was about $462. This is back of the bus seating with no snacks or drinks purchased on board. Checked bags increase at $60 per bag on round trip ticket. I usually have at least one checked bag for family stuff.

Delta: Fare was about $687. For me this includes front section seating due to FF plus meal (not snacks) and drinks. I can have a carry on and at least two checked bags for free.

So I guess the extra $200 I give to Delta is debatable whether it is worth it or not. It's 5,000 miles added to my miles account plus the bonus miles for my level. These build up to a free ticket pretty quickly considering that this is the only flight I do during the year that I actually pay for. The rest are paid by my company. I suppose if I was on a fixed income and had to go the cheapest route all the time then I might go through Spirit. Just that the service I get with Delta is so much more worth it to me then rolling the dice on dealing with Spirit.

Just my 2 cents worth. :D