4 hours to kill in La Vega

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
I have like 4 hours in the morning to kill in La Vega.

Anyway, a good place to have a good breakfast? and what is there to see and do?

DRDYL

Feb 16, 2014
My fiancee who was born and raised in La Vega says to go to El Naranjo. Good prices and good food :lick:

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
I doubt El Naranjo is even open till lunch time. You can have breakfast in La Sirena, or better yet, go to Jarabacoa and kill 3 hours there.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
La Vega, the capital of the province, is best known for its carnival on Sundays in February. Otherwise, all year long it has has good authentic nightlife, with many bachata groups and emerging artists appearing there in their early career.

For those there in June, check out the royal poinciana trees on the main highways, including the road up to the hilltop Santo Cerro Church. The Santo Cerro Church honours Our Lady of the Mercedes and has lovely views of the Cibao Valley. Spanish historians tell of the battle against the Taino Indians that they won with the protection of the Virgen de las Mercedes, who would become the patron of the Dominican Republic. Another attraction in La Vega is the Inmaculada Concepcion CAthedral. Take note that the cathedral is one of the few in the world where Christ is shown as already having resurrected and not dying not he cross.

Otherwise, the more touristic places in the province of La Vega are Jarabacoa and Constanza, that are mountain towns with hotels offering excursions, but if you are in the city and only have four hours these will be too far for you.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
What seems to work best for lots of people here are the twp "P's". From what I see you can get both 24/7. If you haven't guessed the yet they ar Presidente and putas. Enjoy your stay in La Vega

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
What seems to work best for lots of people here are the twp "P's". From what I see you can get both 24/7. If you haven't guessed the yet they ar Presidente and putas. Enjoy your stay in La Vega

Second P is out of the question.. Firs P, I wont start before 12 noon :)