Affordable Hotels Near the Malecon @ Avenida Jos? N??ez C?ceres?

russ_offord

Jun 6, 2007
blog.jarabacoa.org
Does anyone know of any hotels/pensiones in the $15-25 price range near the 'Ciudad Ganadera' (beside the Metaldom) by the Malec?n in Santo Domingo?

Here: https://maps.google.com/?q=18.436707,-69.941884

Preferably near Avenida Jos? N??ez C?ceres (on the E/W and the Autopista 30 de Mayo (Malec?n) or Avenida Independencia on the E/W... So I can either walk or take a carro p?blico if necessary to the 2014 Feria Agropecuaria this weekend.

Thanks,

Russ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

russ_offord

Jun 6, 2007
blog.jarabacoa.org
Due to its proximity to Caribe Tours and recommendations from posters in another thread, I ended up staying at Hotel Danae on Calle Danae #18.

On DR1 was told 900 for 1st floor and 1000 pesos (US$23.26 @ 43:1 exchange rate) for the second floor, and that knowledge help saved me 100 pesos from the receptionist's gringo pricing. ;)

a9ede3am.jpg

It was fine for the money. Air conditioning worked, small tv (remote sucked).

There are several other hotels all on the same street with several restaurant choices close by.

Though it LOOKS expensive, I went to 'Villar' restaurant for a Dominican mang?, yuca, egg breakfast for about 100 pesos (US$2.33 currently.)

One thing that is handy to know is the the 'carros p?blicos' don't travel along the Malec?n, so if you are looking to go East or West via that transportation method, you'll wanna go up to 27 de Febrero.