Santiago Airport At Night

Scrabblebiker

Mar 1, 2014
Hi all,

I'm finishing my DR trip in Cabarate and flying out of Santiago at 1:40am. I have no desire to take a cab from Cabarete at night or be in Santiago at night lugging my bags around, also in the middle of the night. Is there anything to do late at night at the airport? Or near the airport?

Thanks

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
You can grab drinks or something to eat and wait. The main activity at STI at night is "waiting". Take a cab to get there at 11ish.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Stay over there this is too cold down here.

JJ

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
There's a worthwhile museum in Santiago, the Centro Cultural Leon that closes at 7pm, so you would have to be there by 4-5pm. I would think they would be so kind to store your stuff as you tour. Think it could offer you many explanations to why Dominicans are the way they are. They have a good cafeteria where you can have dinner -- try the Riki Taki Santiaguero sandwich, also the Dominican sweets of the day, coffee is good. And you get to tour the Aurora factory exhibit. The cafeteria is open until 7pm. You could hang out there, and then take a taxi to the airport. They are closed on Monday.

Bienvenidos al Centro Cultural Eduardo Le?n Jimenes

Last edited:

Scrabblebiker

Mar 1, 2014
Thank you Dolores. Unfortunately I am flying on Monday night. But it does sound interesting. So many things to come back for
:classic:

There's a worthwhile museum in Santiago, the Centro Cultural Leon that closes at 7pm, so you would have to be there by 4-5pm. I would think they would be so kind to store your stuff as you tour. Think it could offer you many explanations to why Dominicans are the way they are. They have a good cafeteria where you can have dinner -- try the Riki Taki Santiaguero sandwich, also the Dominican sweets of the day, coffee is good. And you get to tour the Aurora factory exhibit. The cafeteria is open until 7pm. You could hang out there, and then take a taxi to the airport. They are closed on Monday.

Bienvenidos al Centro Cultural Eduardo Le?n Jimenes

ren65amg

Mar 8, 2014
on the side of the road exiting the airport (north side heading west) before you get to the car rentals, I saw what looked like a club/bar with a good number of people. Anyone know anything about this?

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
nothing to do at the airport. lots to do in the city. a cab will run you around 500 pesos from the city to the airport.