Adjusted Refusal Rate 2013 - B Visas USA

hichek

Feb 28, 2013
Below an interesting link about refusal rates. DR has a 41.3% refusal rate. That means 4 out of every 10 Dominicans or people that apply in the DR get refused. That is quite high since only 30 countries in the list have a higher rate.

My recommendation to all of you that are planning to apply for a US visitor visa this year, do yourself and favor a evaluate you personal situation before wasting $160.00 on an application that most likely will be denied.

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/RefusalRates/FY13.pdf

How is the adjusted refusal rate calculated:

refusals - overcome / issuance + refusals - overcome

overcome is an applicant that applies twice in the year where the first try is denied and the second try is issued a visa.

good luck to you all!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Interesting that Canada has a higher refusal rate than The DR. Not sure what's the deal with that.

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Something screwy there! Canadians don't need a visa to enter the U.S. for the purposes the B visas are issued.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Interesting that Canada has a higher refusal rate than The DR. Not sure what's the deal with that.

Canadians do not need Visa to enter to USA, The Canadian Citinzens can stay up to 6 months in the USA territories, that must be people that has canadian visa and apply for American Visa in Canada.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Canadians do not need Visa to enter to USA, The Canadian Citinzens can stay up to 6 months in the USA territories, that must be people that has canadian visa and apply for American Visa in Canada.

I agreed with you until I read the words "by Nationality" . Doesn't make sense unless they meant " by country".

Yes that must be it because if it was nationality it would be Canadian and not Canada. My passport says I was born in Italy and my nationality is Canadian

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I don't believe these figures. I think the refusal rate for Dominicans is a lot higher than listed.

Aug 6, 2006
Canada is used by a number of people as a stepping stone to the US. Could it be that many of those refusals listed for Canadians are in reality refusals of Canadian RESIDENTS from somewhere other than Canada, for example, China, French speaking countries in Africa, Haiti or SE Asia?

May 29, 2006
I've actually been to the Federated States, in Kosrae. There's also Truk, Pohnpei and Yap. Can't figure out why the US would refuse them and I expect they'd often want to go to Hawaii for work and school. The total population for the four nations is less than 100,000 combined, and about half are under age 15.

Maybe it's the type of visa?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

I think the stay has been or will be soon amended to 8 months --Canadians only...
citizens , I expect, not residents

Don't doubt it -- USA is extremely tough to enter for work, legally

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Don't doubt it -- USA is extremely tough to enter for work, legally
But sneak across the border for some Free Cheese and illegal work?

THEY are loved, and politicians fight over amnesty for them.

But a well educated professional, even one with multiple degrees & higher-level job opportunities? "Out, I say!"

SMFH

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
my daughters - US residents and educated there since 8&10 yrs old ~ a period of almost 15 yrs for the younger.

REFUSED a work permit until she put in 10 months in the UK then re-applied successfully
H1-B

Me? Green Card late 70's - gave it back
1995 - TN for a couple of years
1998 - forward for 10+ yrs = E-2

Screw 'em - I'm gone ---- arrogant attitudes

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Sky is right. Refusal rate for Dominicans visit visas to the US is very high. Any poor Dominican who can get to NY goes, and aint coming back.