help with santo domingo bus

s1mpleton

Dec 24, 2013
Leaving this fine country on may 13th.
will be taking a moto to sosua in the morning. then jumping on a caribe tour bus to santo domingo. My question is, does anyone know which omsa bus i would take to get me to las americanas airport? i cannot find any info that is specific after googling for over an hour.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Aside from the guagua that transports workers to SDQ in the morning, I don't think there is a bus that goes to the airport. There are posts here that suggest that you can take a bus to the road leading to SDQ and then a moto the remaining distance. But if you have luggage that would be a problem.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Your better off taking the Metro if its available by where you are now...The Metro is much faster because CT stops at La Vega and 3 or 4 stops here in Santiago, plus most times its freezing!!! have the A/C blowing on high even at 6AM...If no Metro, then of course CT...That said, I suggest a taxi to the airport once your in SD...I have a friend that does this for a living, works with La Serina and does Airport runs all of the time...his name is Ramon, number 829-353-3446, if yes, tell him Anthony sent you..

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
There is no bus to the airport. They most likely will drop you at the small bus station where rt 7, the Samana-Santo Domingo highway meets the auto route to the airport. You can grab a taxi from there. The cost is about $30usd and takes about 15 minutes. Do not take a bus that brings you all the way into Santo Domingo. That is foolish. Also luggage is not a problem but depending on how much you have you may have to pay slightly more. Good luck.

LTSteve

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
They most likely will drop you at the small bus station where rt 7, the Samana-Santo Domingo highway meets the auto route to the airport. You can grab a taxi from there.

LTSteve

30 USD from the Samana Parada stop to the Airport ?? !!

I paid 500 DOP last month and I felt ripped of for such a small distance.:ermm: