Electric Blackouts Update

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
I've been trying to find old threads but I seem cant but I just want to post a update.

I notice that Edenorte has been bitching about rolling blackouts lately. I've noticed Simon Bolivar is the one hardest hit that has repeatly 10-15 hours daily with no power. Recently yesterday when the storm came by, the area in SB had no power from noon till next day at 12:15am.

What is going on with Edenorte? When will this crazy end? :(

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The DR does not have the balls to make people pay. The mistake was putting government in charge of power distribution. I think the stupidity is with Edesur in your region. No end of the problem is in sight.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
This is the end and its not crazy its the norm. Edennorte is not your friend but they will screw you on a regular basis.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I first came to the DR in 1986.
"Same $HIT Different Decade"!
That's ALL!
The Gov., owes the producers about 800 MILLION US Dollars!
The ONLY way they EVER get a partial payment, is to stop producing electricity.
Then they get a few "Hundred Million" and the process just keeps repeating.
I live in a "A Circuit" (Supposedly 24/7 electric)area, makes no difference.
Power off most days for several hours.
Yesterday off twice, 6 hours each time.
And I strongly predict it will get worse, as the government goes broke!
AND,I paid 20,000 pesos electric bill this month!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
The only way to stop blackouts is for any investor to buy Edenorte out and change the system.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I don't get it? You can't run a system where people are getting the power and don't want to pay for it. Hire a couple of big dudes and make them an offer they can't refuse. This baffles me that things, such as, water and power, which should be essential services are an option to the DR gov. Unless they can get this in line than everything else that they brag about as an accomplishment is just a joke. Stop spending money on pet projects until you can get your act together. Danillo, come on man!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The first political party that "Tries" to make EVERYONE PAY, will NEVER be elected EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!
Sooooooooooooo, they WON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
SUM,SUM, Summer Time!!! Walk El Conde, many stores with their front doors wide open. No education on conservation. I'm sure the US and Europe get hammered with requests to send money and get the budget right. If made even, within 18mos. it would be the same again. It's a nice way to ______ _______. KPMG baled.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
The first political party that "Tries" to make EVERYONE PAY, will NEVER be elected EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!
Sooooooooooooo, they WON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Ive been thinking the same for a lonnnnnnng time CC. Many Doms got away with NOT paying for their power for many years,, + they are angry that more and more of them have to pay taxes under the latest political party in power.... errrr.

I have an idea why don't all of us 'Mugs' - expats - pay even more so those DOMs can have everything in her lives for free.....

How the heck do they expect a country and it's power supply, to continue supplying services without its people paying for them? :tired:

In the past couple of months my Edenorte bills have shot up also, so Ive now recommenced using the system I had installed a couple of years ago = 2 metres for 1 house = change the switch over between the two, every 1/2 calendar month, to keep usage under the 700 limit before the higher charges ensue...... I just cope 'the man' hasnt caught on to that little trick, and stopped the 700 limit.

LB is off her soapbox... just had to vent in agreement with you CCCCCCCCCCCCCC.
:mad:

Space Ghost

Mar 21, 2014
Last week after a scheduled 5 hour outage, Ede came up to change the locks on the meters. Of course after having had power for just 15 minutes and getting everything restarted this involved the moron pulling the meters in and out several times to test playing havoc with the inverter and everything running on the property. Their truck, their employee, their badge. He replaced a lock on one then took the second meter out put it in his truck and ran off with our employees shouting after him. Stole. The. Meter.

This in addition to no water at all again today. The pump down the hill breaks every other week. When they get it fixed they pump less than a swimming pool full of water up to the water tower on the hill to briefly open a few valves and let folks fill up their tinacos. Which run out. So, no water, no power (off again for another hour this morning). And now a letter saying Aduanas is going to start charging taxes on packages under $200 value in violation of DRCAFTA in their search for money beginning August 15.

Now outages every day for the last eight days in Los Cerros de Sosua. 8 hours Sunday night. All day Monday. Another hour this morning already. Called EdeNunca, which went like this:

"We're working on it. We have problems all across the zona". I told her yes, let's see "like giving free electricity to people who don't pay their bills, not paying your bills to the generators, not having enough generators, employees who steal meters, management that doesn't know how to run a for profit business, and treating your paying customers like mierda. When can we expect you to have that fixed?" "Que dijiste?" Idiots.

Over fifteen years here, with citizenship, and I am about ready to start over somewhere else.

The country is disintegrating.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
I do apologise, but I am such a busy person, that I have chosen to unsubscribe to this thread.

Hopefully my suggestions will help you...

I will update all of you and the entire scenarios that is happening right now, in the D.R. IF, and when I have time..

Apologies once again

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
I think i missed luz maybe 10-15hrs /week on avg maximum before this month for the past year.

This month as been ridiculous, everyday no luz for 4-6hrs, f**ck this country!

SEO

Aug 3, 2012
I think i missed luz maybe 10-15hrs /week on avg maximum before this month for the past year.

This month as been ridiculous, everyday no luz for 4-6hrs, f**ck this country!
where you in no power 10-15 hour that crazy.