why can't they all just " ISSUE a SUMMONS"!!!

Wanna

Feb 1, 2006
I was on a bus that had an accident with a SUV and I broke two ribs. There was a PN Policeman at the scene. I asked for the license and registration of the driver of the SUV and Bus Driver, the bus driver refused. I explained the law and he still refused, so I told the Policeman to intervene on my behalf. The policeman says the driver did not want to give me his license and there was nothing he could. I wrote down the, time the street (luckily there was a sign) and the license plate numbers. I then asked the policeman for his name and commander?s name, and informed him of this duty as policemen to enforce the law. The policeman THEN, confronted the driver and ordered him to give me the information. The policeman then informed me that he was not officially obligated to tell the bus driver anything because he was not AMET, (a traffic cop).

I think all Policemen should have the power to issue summonses, moreover make it an incentive like N.Y.C. ( the more summons issued the more likely to get a bonus in thier Banco Reserves Cuentas). . AMET cannot be everywhere at every time. If any policeman sees a car Run a red light, issue a summons; Drive down a street the wrong way, issue a summons; Drive on the sidewalk, issue a summons; Make a right turn without stopping, issue a summons, Drive in the oncoming lane because you do not want to wait for all the other cars waiting on the light, issue a summons; Park on the sidewalk, issue a sommons;Disregard the lines on the street and make a two lane into a three lane, issue a summons; Ride a motorbike with a mother and her THREE INFANTS on back, PLEASE ISSUE A SUMMONS!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What did you plan to do????
Sue Someone????
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
By the way, what is "issue a summon" ??
Does it hurt ??

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Most dangerous traffic

I was on a bus that had an accident with a SUV and I broke two ribs. There was a PN Policeman at the scene.

The policeman was just there to stare and watch, like all other people there.

However, what I do not get, is, that someone with quite a number of years of experience in this country, would wonder why things are as they are... :tired:

donP

Last edited:

Wanna

Feb 1, 2006
I tried to sue Fenatrano Bus Company, but the lawyer disappeared and never returned my calls.

Wanna

Feb 1, 2006
That was in my formative years here. I just saw another accident happen and just wondered.

Santo Domingo.- Just two weeks after a collision claimed the lives of five people, another crash on the Southern Highway today Monday has killed three and hurt more than 20 others, when a bus full of passengers from Azua headed to Santo Dominican hit a wall near the town of Hatillo.

The Metropolitan Transit Authority (Amet) said the accident occurred in front of the Plaza del Chivo on the November 6 Highway between San Cristobal and Bani.

On Twitter, AMET said first responders are on the scene providing assistance, but didn’t specify the number of people involved. "Several dead and injured is the result of an accident occurred moments ago on the highway on November 6 in front of La Plaza del Chivo."

Local reports say three women were killed, whose bodies taken to the Pina hospital in San Cristobal.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2007
I tried to sue Fenatrano Bus Company, but the lawyer disappeared and never returned my calls.

They are just a bus association (transit cartel also known as union) not a bus company. Fentarano...isn't is the one headed by the Dominican Bin Laden? You are lucky you didn't get to court, that guy is known for killing people.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
However, what I do not get, is, that someone with quite a number of years of experience in this country, would wonder why things are as they are... :tired:

donP

Me neither.
Looks like the OP has not yet got the hang of how this place works, (or doesn't..)

Usually waving a bunch of pesos around gets things done, I find...

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I was on a bus that had an accident with a SUV and I broke two ribs. There was a PN Policeman at the scene. I asked for the license and registration of the driver of the SUV and Bus Driver, the bus driver refused. I explained the law and he still refused, so I told the Policeman to intervene on my behalf. The policeman says the driver did not want to give me his license and there was nothing he could. I wrote down the, time the street (luckily there was a sign) and the license plate numbers. I then asked the policeman for his name and commander’s name, and informed him of this duty as policemen to enforce the law. The policeman THEN, confronted the driver and ordered him to give me the information. The policeman then informed me that he was not officially obligated to tell the bus driver anything because he was not AMET, (a traffic cop).

I think all Policemen should have the power to issue summonses, moreover make it an incentive like N.Y.C. ( the more summons issued the more likely to get a bonus in thier Banco Reserves Cuentas). . AMET cannot be everywhere at every time. If any policeman sees a car Run a red light, issue a summons; Drive down a street the wrong way, issue a summons; Drive on the sidewalk, issue a summons; Make a right turn without stopping, issue a summons, Drive in the oncoming lane because you do not want to wait for all the other cars waiting on the light, issue a summons; Park on the sidewalk, issue a sommons;Disregard the lines on the street and make a two lane into a three lane, issue a summons; Ride a motorbike with a mother and her THREE INFANTS on back, PLEASE ISSUE A SUMMONS!!!

That is why the DR is a third world country. The buck is always passed to someone else. Why didn't you tell him to call AMET.
Getting into an accident in this country is a lose-lose for any Gringo.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Cop's Choice

... a cop told me (...) "Ever go fishing in the ocean? Did you catch all the fish?"

:classic: That's putting it nicely.

I was told: "You are not supposed to tell me what my duties are."

[Which just means, 'I know who to stop and from whom to get money...'] :cool:

donP