North American Biotechnology Company Looking for Sales Associates and Programmers

Damian Durruty

Aug 14, 2012
BTNX Inc. is a North American biotechnology company and a world leader in rapid, point-of-care diagnostics. We specialize in innovation, research, development and manufacturing of advanced tests for laboratories, clinics, hospitals and physicians’ offices.

We're looking for sales associates with a good command of the English language to sell BTNX products to potential North American clients and to provide support to existing clients. English fluency and an eagerness to learn are the only two requirements--no formal university education required. We offer a competitive salary and employees can earn extra via sales commissions.

BTNX is also looking to recruit programmers for a new software development division. Anyone with programming experience or a degree in Computer Science with a moderate command of English is eligible.

PM or reply to this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
what kind of programming experience?? Languages, operating system, etc?

Damian Durruty

Aug 14, 2012
Right now we're looking for anyone with any programming experience. Send me your resume and we can talk further.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Good luck finding people in that exact location. I have been in the DR for 11 years full time and don't even know where that is. Many posters here are on the north coast, Santiago, or Santo Domingo. I don't know anyone from San Jose de Ocoa.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
I am a little confused. Selling pharmaceuticals and accompanying instruments is a highly technical field. Your customers are educated and very aware of products available to them.
You are going to train an uneducated staff to call on medical facilities to sell a products ?????

Damian Durruty

Aug 14, 2012
We're looking to recruit anyone from any part of the country. The cost of living in San Jose de Ocoa is much lower than in SD and Santiago, and we can offer a competitive salary.

Damian Durruty

Aug 14, 2012
I am a little confused. Selling pharmaceuticals and accompanying instruments is a highly technical field. Your customers are educated and very aware of products available to them.
You are going to train an uneducated staff to call on medical facilities to sell a products ?????

BTNX sells mostly tests (pregnancy tests, drug tests, etc.). The equipment is simple enough that anyone reasonably competent can be trained to sell to product managers in clinics. If an existing client has technical problems, they can speak to our lab technicians in Canada.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Ocoa is a nice little town, we have property up in the mountains [the area they call Malagueta] overlooking the Ocoa River. [Best dulce de leche in DR, IMO]. A lot of the properties up there are owned by people from Santo Domingo who are there weekends only.

Few expats in Ocoa, and not a lot of English spoken - the latter might be the biggest problem you will find locating employees. You may want to consider an ad in Listin Diario, if the salary is attractive enough some may relocate.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
We're looking to recruit anyone from any part of the country. The cost of living in San Jose de Ocoa is much lower than in SD and Santiago, and we can offer a competitive salary.

I see where you are going with this, good luck with that. I suspect you will have to expand your the area where someone can live.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
BTNX sells mostly tests (pregnancy tests, drug tests, etc.). The equipment is simple enough that anyone reasonably competent can be trained to sell to product managers in clinics. If an existing client has technical problems, they can speak to our lab technicians in Canada.

do you sell tests to detect antibiotics in milk?

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012

Cold calling medical office personal (in the U.S) is a dead end. Most medical labs and offices have venders and reps. in and out of their office all day. This employment offer is very unusual.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
THESE COMPANIES USUALLY SELL YOU THEIR PRODUCT DIRECT to you.
You are then a "Distributer" for the product that you have purchased from them with YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!
It's on your "DIME"!
Correct me if I'm wrong!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Last edited:

Damian Durruty

Aug 14, 2012
Ocoa is a nice little town, we have property up in the mountains [the area they call Malagueta] overlooking the Ocoa River. [Best dulce de leche in DR, IMO]. A lot of the properties up there are owned by people from Santo Domingo who are there weekends only.

Few expats in Ocoa, and not a lot of English spoken - the latter might be the biggest problem you will find locating employees. You may want to consider an ad in Listin Diario, if the salary is attractive enough some may relocate.

Thank you for the suggestion. We will keep that in consideration.

Damian Durruty

Aug 14, 2012
THESE COMPANIES USUALLY SELL YOU THEIR PRODUCT DIRECT to you.
You are then a "Distributer" for the product that you have purchased from them with YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!
It's on your "DIME"!
Correct me if I'm wrong!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Our team does not interact directly with the inventory. They mostly perform sales and client support to our North Americans clients who receive our medical equipment from our distributors in Canada.