any massage schools in Santiago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
Hi guys,
I've scoured the internet and the dr1 board? does anyone know of any reputable school/institute that offers courses in massage therapy, preferably in Santiago? My background is in traditional thai massage and hot stone. I do "regular" (relaxation) massage at the spa I work at here in Canada but I would like to round out my learning in this area.
Would anyone know who to contact or where to look for this info?
Thanks!

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
lol… dude I'm in Canada!!! Cold stone can also be done, but there is not much demand for that here, for obvious reasons… ;-)

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
Thank you so much for this info! Couldn't find it anywhere - you guys are the best!

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
A great massage will make you forget whoever it is that is doing it.

I used to go to a gym in Ensanche Ozama with a male massage guy, and I'd have to stay on the bench for 15 minutes after he finished. That guy turned my muscles into rubber. Cost? 10 bucks.

I've got a massage lady now that is almost as good. 2 hours for 20 bucks. Brutally good.

2 hours for $20 dollars!? What country is that in...Thailand? Vietnam? Cambodia?

Frank

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Wait, I'm still waiting to hear who, on this island, gives good massages for 2 hours, for only $20?
Are you sure that we are talking about the same island, and not some prison inside a penal colony in French Guyana or the Congo?

Frank

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
lol…
I'm not a dude, not drunk, but I do give a heck of a massage. ;-) No happy endings though… It's funny, but in 8 years of doing bodywork here in Canada, I can count on one hand the number of inappropriate clients I've had. I work in a high-end environment - not sure if that has anything to do with it.
I'm not looking to make a living off massage in Santiago but I definitely plan on doing it part-time as it is very rewarding and enjoyable work. I am concerned that there will be "confusion" regarding the "happy ending" option but I'm hoping that with respectable (expat? or educated Dominicans? or women?) clientele this won't be an issue.

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
I am certified through Natural Health Practitioners of Canada for thai yoga massage.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Respectfully: I think if it were to be a legitimate massage, I would want an actual licensed therapist with more than 56 hours of training. Perhaps someone like a New York State therapist that has 1000 hours of training.

Sep 6, 2014
Hi, Nanita. Would you please send me a PM with your contact information.

My friend's birthday is tomorrow (Sunday) and I wanted to know if you would be available. Sorry for the short notice and also, my friend and I are women so you don't have to worry about any confusion!

Status
Not open for further replies.