Good quality Shoe Stores?

I need some sandals, running shoes etc and I NEED good quality not cheap crap shoes. I am assuming the best place would be SD to buy these? Any suggestions of places? The malls really don't seem to have much but I haven't really focused on shoe shopping while there so maybe I missed good stores?

Or is it best to just buy online?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Florsheim in Agora. Even though they are not the best shoes, I keep buying them (albeit in Miami).

For running shoes : sport line (also agora).

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
sorry, online. ebay had an offer few days ago, fila running shoes, 19.99. try to get that in DR...

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
Nino Sport in Puerto Plata has good quality, just bought a pair of New Balance running shoes and a pair of Converse casual shoes. They had a good selection of Nike as well.
I need some sandals, running shoes etc and I NEED good quality not cheap crap shoes. I am assuming the best place would be SD to buy these? Any suggestions of places? The malls really don't seem to have much but I haven't really focused on shoe shopping while there so maybe I missed good stores?

Or is it best to just buy online?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i normally take my chances because the stuff here is either too expensive or poor quality. granted, i get a bit annoyed at the fact that in USA my european 39 can be both 8 or 8 and 1/2 but normally i buy the type of shoes that can be a bit too big. only once i ordered reebok sneakers which on the picture were blue with purple sole and the pair that arrived was purple with blue sole. but i only laughed at that, i'm not fussy.

May 29, 2006
It's getting hard to find good shoes anywhere, much less the DR.. I used to wear sandals in the DR, but got tired of having dirty feet. Finally ended up wearing deck shoes from a street vendor. Odd how in a country where they make such a big deal about shoes, it's very hard to find anything decent.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
even quality stuff does not last here with the sun and humidity. i stopped caring long time ago. i wear flip flops most of the time. i could not care less about "society" and their perception of what i should wear.

manny20

Oct 2, 2012
nice shoe stores in santiago stiletos for some nice high end and aleiro in bella terra mall for sport shoes

Jul 28, 2008
If you're going to be in Santo Domingo, there are a couple of shoe stores on The Conde that seem to have nice shoes. I've bought a couple of pairs there in the past when visiting; and I think the prices are comparable to the prices in the US. Unfortunately, I don't remember the names of these establishments. But, the street is only so long. :)

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
Santiago, priceclub.com.do good parking too. Web site with prices!!!!

I thought they were in expensive until I was in the US recently and I now I have changed my mind.

Tom

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
ya online doesn't appeal to me for those reasons but I really do need good footwear. I will check out POP first for
the new balance shoes those are the ones I want.
Thank you all!!

Where is nino sports? I don't know PP that well.
On the same street as Caribe Tours, not sure of the name, DV8 should know.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I buy running shoes in paca stores.

I have one pair of Florsheim shoes I bought in the United years ago. I shine them up for weddings and funerals.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
On the same street as Caribe Tours, not sure of the name, DV8 should know.

do you mean bacano store, on the other side of the road from caribe? i would not be so sure about authenticity of those shoes... but they have a decent selection.
harley, the storage is very important. buy a dehumidifier for your wardrobe. this will help for shoes to last a bit longer.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
even quality stuff does not last here with the sun and humidity. i stopped caring long time ago. i wear flip flops most of the time. i could not care less about "society" and their perception of what i should wear.
Mold loves leather!!! Shoes there, if leather are lacquered big time. If you get good shoes, keep them off the floor in room with a/c.
Timberland and other brands are made in the DR. These might give you the support needed.
Start a thread. Maybe someone knows where to buy them. Even the seconds should be pretty good.