Best Fried Chicken in Santiago

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
We hit the jackpot. We got invited to a family luncheon @ La Cocina De Do?a Mary and had the BEST fried chicken I've had in the DR. Ever. Crispy, fried in fresh oil and not salty & greasy, almost like Church's in the states. And that's not all. Incredible pastelon, moro, chivo and other Dominican dishes.

Super clean & modern, well-organized (servers actually wear gloves & hair nets), reasonable prices, a/c, wifi & big screen HDTV. Not a big place, but quality. Buffet style, and the menu changes daily...except the fried chicken, and a different pastelon every day (the platano maduro was a cosmic experience). Seems to be popular with the suit-and-tie business crowd.

It's behind the old Supermercado Nacional on Calle 1, No.7.

We've been three times now without disappointment. Our "go to" lunch place in Santiago now.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Good info, always looking for a good place to eat...............
Fried chicken and Chivo are my favorites..........yum........

B in Santiago

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
We hit the jackpot. We got invited to a family luncheon @ La Cocina De Do?a Mary and had the BEST fried chicken I've had in the DR. Ever. Crispy, fried in fresh oil and not salty & greasy, almost like Church's in the states. And that's not all. Incredible pastelon, moro, chivo and other Dominican dishes.

Super clean & modern, well-organized (servers actually wear gloves & hair nets), reasonable prices, a/c, wifi & big screen HDTV. Not a big place, but quality. Buffet style, and the menu changes daily...except the fried chicken, and a different pastelon every day (the platano maduro was a cosmic experience). Seems to be popular with the suit-and-tie business crowd.

We've been three times now without disappointment. Our "go to" lunch place in Santiago now.

It tastes great, its the price we pay later for that.. Maybe it wasn't fried in Crisol?

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010

It tastes great, its the price we pay later for that fried high, coronary artery disease, a lifetime of molecular oil augmentation. Maybe it wasn't fried in Crisol?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
How on earth can you equate good chicken to Church's?
Tastes vary. I like Church's, crispy & juicy without too much salt or other spice flavors that overwhelms the chicken flavor...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Bread It, Deep Fry IT", I'll eat it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pass the salt please!
I like getting "OLD".
All my friends who said I would die of a heart attack before 40,50,60, and "67", were wrong!
Butter & Mayonaise are "Vegetables!
I try to get 8 servings a day!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Best way to live a long life??????
Chose your parents with great care!

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Do they deliver to Sosua? I miss working on the gulf coast. Best fried chicken in all the US is located in the tiny gas stations in Louisianna where the Coonasses are.