Here 4 med school!

Sep 6, 2014
Hey everyone. I am a new member although I love reading through the forums here. I was born in Santiago but was raised in NYC. I have now returned to this country with my husband and our 3 dogs so that I could attend medical school (UTESA Santiago).

We have been here 3 years and probably have about 3 more to go. We have both experienced mayor cultural shock and have dealt with it by going directly from work/school - home.

We would love to meet anyone that did not have a business agenda in mind because it seems that everyone we speak with has some kind of business or religious proposition for us.

Have a great day!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Glad you came out of the closet. I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts. There are quite a few on the forum who live in Santiago.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Hey everyone. I am a new member although I love reading through the forums here. I was born in Santiago but was raised in NYC. I have now returned to this country with my husband and our 3 dogs so that I could attend medical school (UTESA Santiago).

We have been here 3 years and probably have about 3 more to go. We have both experienced mayor cultural shock and have dealt with it by going directly from work/school - home.

We would love to meet anyone that did not have a business agenda in mind because it seems that everyone we speak with has some kind of business or religious proposition for us.

Have a great day!

Well, you don't have to worry about that here..............
Religion is NEVER talked about here.........lol

B in Santiago

Sep 6, 2014
Perfect! Please let me know what works for you. I am completely free starting Tues until the 15th when school starts up again.

SugarMorena

Mar 24, 2013

Have a great day!

UTESA fue mi universidad antes de mudarme a NJ. What you love about Santiago?

Sep 6, 2014
You should arrange a DR1 Santiago meet and greet.

You meaning me? :confused:

Is there a place that is normally used in Santiago? Monchis pizza has a second floor the owner has let me use before but it would not work for a very large group...

If anyone wants to give me an idea I would happily do the leg work. Lets have us a Santiago dr1 meet and greet!

SugarMorena

Mar 24, 2013
There's plenty of places. Now, if you guys want to do something different. There is Rancho Mariano close to the dam Presa de Tavera. It is 30 mins from the city. From the Presa you take a boat ride to the restaurant. During the week is very quiet and fresh.I like their sazon :)