New Years in Las Terrenas

torontiago

Dec 14, 2013
Hello...just curious..we live in Santiago but just decided to rent a villa in las terrenas for new years eve.Well actually 4 days, 30th to Jan.2nd. We decided on Las Terrenas because we've only been there once and really enjoyed our day trip there. My question is, what goes on in LT for new years?..is there any fireworks for the kids to see??..any good clubs open late for the adults Etc??.. Any info on what we can expect for new years eve would be greatly appreciated !

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
No fireworks for the kids :(

LT is not exactly a party town but all the clubs/bars should be packed. Go to the pueblo de los pescadores and you should have your pick starting with Gaia (multilevel club) and many smallers bar such as one love. There is also La Bodega near el cemetery (not my favorite but the setting is nice). There should be other parties on the beach on both ballenas and punta popi. Check LT-7.com around new year's eve.

Although LT is laid back, you can easily have fun till the wee hours of the morning.

torontiago

Dec 14, 2013
Is there anything else we can expect around those dates to be happening in the area?..kids stuff or adult stuff in the evening?..

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Is there anything else we can expect around those dates to be happening in the area?..kids stuff or adult stuff in the evening?..

Not much kid stuff I recall. How old are your children ? I also travel with my children (6 & 7) and when I was there last year they had a few things for children mostly around Christmas (my children were really not convinced by the Haitian Santa :laugh:).

Adult stuff: just check LT-7 online or pick it up (it s free and published on Thursday), it will advertise everything happening around those dates.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
You could go to Vela Blanca a restaurant on Playa Ballenas, they had a small area for children to play with trampoline, bouncy castle, etc (but was down this summer, not sure if the owner will put it back up).

Also, I sometimes take my children in the afternoon at the place below (you could do 1/2 day or even full day :bunny:). They love it.

1530552_649822265074328_2114844561_n.jpg

Hope it helps !