New in Cas de Campo

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Welcome. I live on the other side of the island. I too speak limited Spanish, but am learning fast. The best way to learn is to go sit in a bar and talk to people. After 6 or 7 cervezas, language is no longer an issue. :)

Muaser

Oct 19, 2014
tommeyers, actually from all over the world. I've been traveling a lot. The last move - from UK.

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
Hi,
recently moved in DR. I live in Casa de Campo. I don't speak Spanish.

You won't learn Spanish nor the Dominican culture if you stay in your "gringo's ghetto".... You have to go out, meet and talk to "real" dominican if you want to learn anything... Not sure if bars are the right place to learn anything good ??? Lol...

Welcome in the DR and good luck in your learnings.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Good for YOU!!!!!
You are in arguably the best place to live in the DR!!!!!
Never mind dominican spanish, they have nothing of value to say anyhow!!!!!!
Enjoy the golf, beach, your house, and rides in a golf cart, I do whenever I get invited!!!!!!
Hint, Hint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cris Colon
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I just got back from Super Mercado National, Arroyo Hondo.
It's Jumbos ?Brother? same ?Parents?, Spanish, good people!!!
Don't drink, no wine, but lots of imported salami, cheese, cereal, Chef Boy RD Lasagna, granola bars, etc.
MONEY, IS GOOD!!!!

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
You won't learn Spanish nor the Dominican culture if you stay in your "gringo's ghetto".... You have to go out, meet and talk to "real" dominican if you want to learn anything... Not sure if bars are the right place to learn anything good ??? Lol...

Welcome in the DR and good luck in your learnings.

Since when is Casa de Campo "gringo's ghetto"?

Aug 6, 2006
I think it is more of a self-imposed, exclusive ghetto for the very, very wealthy. I have never seen a summary of the nationalities of the inhabitants.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
so many So Americans in the june/july/Aug months ,,,, their winter

chic.... not our fren' chic.... the other , more French one