czech woman robbed, the criminal caught

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
They left her 200 DOP for the concho back home though. Nice, isn't it?

Wait, that does not look like DOP.... :D :dead:

Jan 9, 2004
They left her 200 DOP for the concho back home though. Nice, isn't it?

Wait, that does not look like DOP.... :D :dead:

200 Koruna is slightly less than $10.00 US.....found because no casa de cambio wants it.....or knows how to get rid of it....I mean what is the demand for Czech Koruna's in the DR?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
another foreigner robbed, criminal arrested:
Apresan ciudadanos en diferentes hechos

not sure if this thread is a part of good news or bad news. the criminals are caught (whether they are ever punished is another thing). but there has been awfully lot of crime against gringos...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Aprensa en Sos?a mujer acusada sustraer euros - Noticias POP

another in the series of criminals caught. you gotta love this part of the story: Una mujer de 26 a?os de edad fue apresada la ma?ana de hoy por agentes de la Polic?a Nacional en el municipio de Sos?a, luego de que supuestamente robara la suma de mil 540 euros en efectivo tras ingresar en horas de la madrugada a un apartamento propiedad de un ciudadano italiano. :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Aprensa en Sos?a mujer acusada sustraer euros - Noticias POP

another in the series of criminals caught. you gotta love this part of the story: Una mujer de 26 a?os de edad fue apresada la ma?ana de hoy por agentes de la Polic?a Nacional en el municipio de Sos?a, luego de que supuestamente robara la suma de mil 540 euros en efectivo tras ingresar en horas de la madrugada a un apartamento propiedad de un ciudadano italiano. :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

let's see;

woman of 26 years of age

robbing 1540 euro

in the wee hours of the morning

from Italian guy

did that happen in church, i wonder?

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
let's see;

woman of 26 years of age

robbing 1540 euro

in the wee hours of the morning

from Italian guy

did that happen in church, i wonder?

26 is much too old for most gringos who go to Sosua..

Perhaps she is an artists in the Culture Capital?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Apresan tres hombres por robos a diferentes ciudadanos de PP - Noticias POP

En tanto que el nombrado Elvis Manuel Alvarado, de 19 a?os, fue apresado en el distrito municipal de Cabarete, tras ocup?rsele el celular marca IPhone modelo 5s de color negros, registrado con el c?digo: IMEI 225007376910000, aparato que le fue sustra?do el 23 de septiembre pasado a la nacional china Maesumura Rui, luego de que desconocidos ingresaran a su residencia.

another foreigner who has gotten stolen item back.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
another criminal who attacked and robbed a foreigner was caught. this time the victim was an american tourist and the incident took place on the malecon in POP. and just few days ago MOPC started patrolling the area with the police/military:
Apresan joven haitiano que presuntamente atrac? a un turista en malec?n de Puerto Plata

it's good thing that the criminals are caught so quickly but POP needs to step up the security. this is not enough.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
someone was caught anyway whether or not it was the criminal , puerto plata has always been the place I am more likely to be approached by undesirables, maybe I just know where to avoid in my home town

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i believe it's all in having a purpose. a tourist/visitor often wanders around. when i go out i have a goal: shop, office or whatever. i arrive, i see, i conquer, i go back. and POP is not particularly white face friendly, despite the number of gringos here.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
the first time was an absolute nightmare - if they want cruise ships someone will have to do something about that

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
but there has been awfully lot of crime against gringos...

That is because they know that all gringos have money trees and just have to go out in the back yard to replace the money they rob from us.