moving back to the states

El commandante

Oct 17, 2004
Hello everyone, I am thinking of moving back to the U.S. I was thinking of the Dallas/Fort worth area. Can anyone help me out with moving Info? I will be taking a 2005 Lexus and a small amount of tools. I would
like to know an approximate shipping cost for the vehicle and a small shipping container. The crime in this country has reversed my love for it, I am still fond of it!

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
ok but crime rate is quite high in the states...
And may I ask, have you been a victim of something here?

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
Why DFW?
Texas has so much more to offer.
Do you need DFW for employment?
Texas has very liberal carry laws if crime is a major concern.

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
Why DFW?
Texas has so much more to offer.
Do you need DFW for employment?
Texas has very liberal carry laws if crime is a major concern.

El commandante

Oct 17, 2004
I want the colder area not the heavy heat. Liberal carry laws are fine with me as I will be one of them. Employment will not be an issue at this time.

Jan 9, 2004
Hello everyone, I am thinking of moving back to the U.S. I was thinking of the Dallas/Fort worth area. Can anyone help me out with moving Info? I will be taking a 2005 Lexus and a small amount of tools. I would
like to know an approximate shipping cost for the vehicle and a small shipping container. The crime in this country has reversed my love for it, I am still fond of it!

Sell the car in the DR. It is worth far more there than in Texas.....and you won't have to pay a couple grand to container and ship it back.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

champ

Dec 2, 2006
What area of the DR do you live in that it's that bad that you want out completely

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
I do not know how accurate it is, but the intentional homicide rate in the DR is shown (per online search) as 22.1 per thousand compared to the US at 4.7 per thousand.

The US is no picnic but much lower than the DR by a factor of almost 5.
This means your about five times more likely to encounter intentional homicide in the DR per the statistics......:nervous:

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
I do not know how accurate it is, but the intentional homicide rate in the DR is shown (per online search) as 22.1 per thousand compared to the US at 4.7 per thousand.

The US is no picnic but much lower than the DR by a factor of almost 5.
This means your about five times more likely to encounter intentional homicide in the DR per the statistics......:nervous:

And even more important is the fact that if someone kills you in the US there will be someone looking to bring your killer to justice, forever, regardless of who you are and whether you want to pay him to do it or not.

Mar 1, 2009
Sad to hear this, you and your dollars will be missed. When the scum who robbed you realize that they are shooting themselves in the foot and hurting the country as well, then it will end.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
And even more important is the fact that if someone kills you in the US there will be someone looking to bring your killer to justice, forever, regardless of who you are and whether you want to pay him to do it or not.

Small consolation as you'd still be dead.
El Commandante will be carrying, so he may be the quicker draw?
Montana or Wyoming would be nice though.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013

Uh no, no it's not a small consolation. Especially not for my family, and crimes other than murder. Having police who find criminal and court systems who put them away with out corruption is really really super awesome. Being able to call 911 and trust the officer, medic, or firefighter to do their job and not take advantage of you is great.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013

Uh no, no it's not a small consolation. Especially not for my family, and crimes other than murder. Having police who find criminals and court systems who put them away with out corruption is really really super awesome. Being able to call 911 and trust the officer, medic, or firefighter to do their job and not take advantage of you is great.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
When the scum who robbed you realize that they are shooting themselves in the foot and hurting the country as well, then it will end.

Criminals rarely act with a social conscience. It's all about them and their own wants/needs. No criminal ever thinks of the larger societal impact of the crime they are committing. It's no different here in the DR. At least in Texas you can curtail an aggressor's ability to commit future crimes in the blink of an eye with judicial impunity thanks to the "castle doctrine".