Dog in DIRE need

Wonderdog

Apr 25, 2005
OK folks - I don?t know the etiquette for the forum but...

I live at Bonita. For the last week or so there has been a beautiful white dog who has been on the side of the road near the curve where the Swiss restaurant used to be on the road to Bonita. He is well on his way to dying (probably from malnutrition and neglect), but I and a friend have been feeding him as much as we see him. I left some noodles for him today and he is barely able to lift his head to eat now. I have no phone right now, but could someone please contact the animal rescue people to come for him. I do not have much money - but if they could get him and help him I would contribute what I can.

He lays outside the gates to the small gated group of homes just past the the old Swiss restaurant if you are going toward Bonita. He has a blue collar - so he was someone?s pet before (I?m guessing a local).

If you need anything further let me know. I don?t think he will go for too many more days.

Last edited:

Wonderdog

Apr 25, 2005
So far nothing. Unfortunately we had our very own dog emergency on Saturday afternoon. My very good friend?s dog was attacked on Punta Bonita by a group of dogs who live at the house there. She was severely injured and had to be taken for emergency surgery. She died this (Monday) morning at about 2:30.

That aside - I did see the white dog this morning on the way to pay the vet for Saturday. He is still hanging in there. I will try to contact Friends of Lucky again and see if we can get this other one taken care of.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Sorry to hear your dog died. Maybe it's meant to be that you save the white dog and give her a home??

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Punta Bonita

So where are you? Bonita? WHere that is?

(Punta) Bonita is on the (Western) outskirts of Las Terrenas.
The road leading to it (after you turn off from the main road to Cos?n) has only few houses in between.

donP

Wonderdog

Apr 25, 2005
This is right on the beach at the punta past Hotel Atlantico. There are a few houses there. The dog was walking on the beach with some tourists and was attacked. I have seen these dogs before walking and they are free to leave the property and roam the beach. I have been scared enough to run into the ocean at times when they are out in the early morning. I am considering going there with the policia to make these people accountable - but will wait a day or two because the policia have enough on their hands now with the riots and such. I don?t want AWWW factor. They were gruesome injuries to our beloved friend of 8 years, and I don?t even want to remember it. The vet took pics because he did a great amount of work under power-out and riot conditions on a Saturday night. That should be one for his C.V.,.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Hotel Atlantis

.... past Hotel Atlantico

No hotel there with that name.
It must be hotel "Atlantis" then...

I am sorry that your dog was killed.
The police will not do much unless you pay them.
Then you will have to start a private suit against the dog owners.

donP

Wonderdog

Apr 25, 2005
OK - sorry I misunderstood about the pics. And yes Don, then it is Hotel Atlantis. I will hopefully see the white one again today when I?m out. He was there this AM, but not when I came back from town.

ninapup

Sep 16, 2004
Please let me know if you see the white dog again and I will come to see what I can do for him. PM please.

Wonderdog

Apr 25, 2005
?pdate...

I was visited on Tuesday by Friends of Lucky and we went to look for the white dog. He was nowhere to be seen, and I haven?t seen him since, and think he has probably succumbed. I will keep an eye out for him.

I know this is only hearsay, but though I would include it because of its nature. If this is inappropriate, the moderators I?m sure, will remove it. This has to do with the death of my friend?s dog.

The vacationing couple who were with the dog when it was attacked claimed that they went to the Politur and told them what happened. The policeman whom they talked to told them that one of the dogs who attacked my friend?s dog is actually one of the dogs which was involved in the mauling death of the child and injury of the mother earlier this year. He claimed that the dog was quietly moved there instead of being destroyed. I?m sure if there is any truth to this, there may be a few people who would like some answers, including me.