Satellite receiver capitiveworks

donP

Dec 14, 2008
CaptiveWorks RX's Work

Does anyone know if the server is down with captiveworks satellite.

There is no 'captiveworks satellite'. The receivers work off any satellite your dish is aligned to.
The CaptiveWorks 700 and 800S receivers are FTA receivers and I like them because of their EPG feature.
Ours our doing fine... :)

donP

drock

Nov 24, 2014
There is no 'captiveworks satellite'. The receivers work off any satellite your dish is aligned to.
The CaptiveWorks 700 and 800S receivers are FTA receivers and I like them because of their EPG feature.
Ours our doing fine... :)

donP

Thanks i dont know much about it, on top of my receiver says captiveworks. I think i just might have a problem with my technician.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
FTA Check

Thanks i dont know much about it, on top of my receiver says captiveworks. I think i just might have a problem with my technician.

Well, just checked my CaptiveWorks CW-800S receiver, it is working fine.
Check whether FTA CH101 or 5762 is working and then go from there....

donP

drock

Nov 24, 2014
Just so you're clear... There are satellites in space that transmit signals to earth. Two of the biggies are Dish and DirectTV.

On earth, there are lots of different satellite receiver manufacturers that make boxes (some legal, some not so legal) that receive those signals when hooked up to a Dish. (One of those manufacturers is Captiveworks.)

There are not-so-legal providers that will sell you a not-so-legal box, and give it a connection to a legal box in the states. They make that connection through the internet. Those providers sell all kinds of receivers.

If the legal box in the states has a problem, your box will stop working, no matter what brand it is.
If your internet connection has a problem, your box will stop working, no matter what brand it is.

My friend has a box that stops working sometimes, and wiggling the internet wire that plugs into the box makes it work again.

If your box works on channel 101, then the problem is with the signal from the internet.

If you know how to contact the person that sold you the receiver, call them. (after you check your wires)
Thank that was help ful i do get 101 and thats it, so one is should look at it today, ill let you know how it goes.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Code Expired

... i do get 101 and thats it...
... which means that your dish 'sees' the satellite (it is either 110 or 119, I'd have to check) and the RX and at least one LNB (for the sat CH 101 is on) is working fine. The cabling should also be OK.
Most likely your "code" expired or the configuration of the RX was fiddled with.

donP

drock

Nov 24, 2014
... which means that your dish 'sees' the satellite (it is either 110 or 119, I'd have to check) and the RX and at least one LNB (for the sat CH 101 is on) is working fine. The cabling should also be OK.
Most likely your "code" expired or the configuration of the RX was fiddled with.

donP

Thats funny i though i was my code, i just put in a new one in, in september. Which was 2 months early. The old code would expire in November, but i forgot the date. If thats the case, he ripped me off, and now hiding from me. He said he will be here tonight, lets see. Thank for all your help, I'll keep you posted how my luck goes.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Thats funny i though i was my code, i just put in a new one in, in september. Which was 2 months early. The old code would expire in November, but i forgot the date. If thats the case, he ripped me off, and now hiding from me. He said he will be here tonight, lets see. Thank for all your help, I'll keep you posted how my luck goes.

Just a thought - maybe you need to put the code in again, now that it's obviously reached the November date that you couldn't remember. I entered a renewal early once [different product], and because I did it before the actual expiration it stopped functioning as scheduled.

Sometimes we can be tooooooo organized and get ahead of ourselves, I've been guilty of that.

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
Check his ID before you let him in to your house! I had an innocent looking tech come out yesterday but he was an alien (hatian I think) and he stole my serial number. That created a big problem with the WAN server and caused a caribbean wide outage. Were you affected?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Not Up Yet

Does anynone know if the server is down ? I got like 24 hours of now service.

The "descrambling service" went down last night and is still down.
You can watch Aljazeera on channel #201 and CNN on #5672 (lower picture quality though).
Both are FTA.

donP