Vacay Fails: 10 of the Worst TripAdvisor Reviews for All-Inclusive Hotels

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
4 purchases on amazon worth 400 dollars? i call bullcrap on that. we all know the purchases should be under 200 dollars :laugh::laugh::laugh:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
not everybody is sufficiently well adjusted to leave their home countries. especially those who are pains in the ass where they live.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I am sure you all can guess, which hotels in the DR made the list... lol

-BB :bunny:

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/the-worst-tripadvisor-reviews-for-all-inclusive-104866638892.html

It sounds like those people who had a bad experience at A-I didn't do any homework to determine what they were paying for. Additionally if you go to Cancun during Spring Break and combine that with a cheap accomodation than expect college kids who could care less about you. You have to be a little smart when you plan a trip otherwise you get what you pay for.

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
My company had their Christmas party in Hamaca last week.

All of my employees were complaining about how bad it was. Lousy beds, bad food, dirty rooms, watered down booze.

All the AI's have to offer rock bottom prices to tour operators or they don't get any business from them. It translates into a horrible experience for guests.

The Hamaca is a dump and the clientele are low class. IMO.

Feb 7, 2007
But rates at Hamaca are not that cheap... they compare to mid-class (4*) Bavaro Hotels such as Caribe Princess, etc.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
But rates at Hamaca are not that cheap... they compare to mid-class (4*) Bavaro Hotels such as Caribe Princess, etc.

If Caribe Princess is their competition, they are racing for the bottom. Rooms suck and the food is lousy. The roads to the lobby flood at a moments notice as well, even with the typical overnight light rains.

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
I've read many reviews on trip advisor and the complaints you read are beyond me.
-Lizard in the room.
-Ice cubes melted too soon.
-They sang the Italian anthem instead of the Star Spangled Banner.
-They don't speak proper English.
-It was too hot.
-They didn't celebrate the 4th of July.
Really? Give me a freaggin' break.

'Nuff said.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Some of those are hilarious. We just spent 4 days at one of the bigger hotels in Bavaro. The place was impeccable but with 3500 rooms 70% occupancy with an aveage of 3 per room thats over 7000 people.
I doesn't take long for it to start feeling kinda depressing and you begin to realize that all inclusive hotels are not all that great. I much prefer my own private little beach and make my own drinks.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Always stay at local Dominican hotels 700 pesos or less. Never had any problems. Can't think of a reason I should be paying more.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Always stay at Dominican hotels 700 pesos or less. Never had any problems. Can't think of a reason I should be paying more.

we are on the same page. why pay money for luxury digs that you can't take with you when you leave? i see guys paying for 5 star accommodations, are are hardly ever in the room.

does a gold plated toilet bowl make you pee straighter?

manny20

Oct 2, 2012
we are on the same page. why pay money for luxury digs that you can't take with you when you leave? i see guys paying for 5 star accommodations, are are hardly ever in the room.

does a gold plated toilet bowl make you pee straighter?

Amen to that,I went from the capital to punta Cana because I had to go back to the American embassy in two days I wanted to check out the new Westin resort and the guy at the front desk said to me that for a night it's not worth the price I think it was like US$400 and some change,so he recommended me to the Four Points by Sheraton at the village it was 145 dollars a night everything included not on the beach but I could use the Westin beach and eat there and a bunch of other resort beaches I forgot which ones..the rooms are nice too