Dominican Tragedy in South Carolina

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Sumter County, South Carolina
Four of seven Dominicans who were travelling in a Honda Pilot SUV on I-95 were killed when their car crashed into a tree and a guard rail.

Coroner: Blunt force trauma cause of death in I-95 crash - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina

Cuatro miembros de una familia dominicana mueren en un accidente en Carolina del Sur - DiarioLibre.com

donP

P.S.:
Dominican newspapers report falsely that the car was going at 141 mph, which was probably confused with the mile marker 141 where the tragedy happened....
The Honda Pilot's max speed should be around 110 mph only.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
condolences are surely in order here. i just get so sick of hearing about these multiple death accidents involving Dominicans. it is just too repetitive for my tastes.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Sad event for the whole family. 6:15 am and driving from NY could have fallen asleep. With three survivors out of seven and one with only a fractured hand it may well be that the deceased were not wearing seat belts and or had the bad luck to be on the impact side. Right side of car is relatively undamaged. When I think of all the times I drove when I was falling asleep I am lucky to be typing. Now, when I am tired, I stop and sleep in one of the rest areas. Ironic that they survive the dangerous Dominican roads only to have an accident in the US. I have driven that stretch many times and the roads are well maintained. Very sad fate for all.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Very sad RIP my people, 141 KMP possible Dominicans convert miles onto kilometers when talking about speed.

My condolences to the family.

JJ

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
I used to travel 95 and then saw an accident and ever since have avoided it....when i'm doing that route i go the longer way...thru the backbone of virginia....much less traffic.....
saying a prayer...

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
I95 is much safer than the back roads in most cases. Especially if driving at the speed limit. A jeepta with seven adults and most likely loaded / overloaded with Christmas items should most likely be driven with more care as there is little forgiveness.

The Pilot earned the worst possible rating of "Poor" in the IIHS's small-overlap frontal-offset impact test, which seems to be the impact area.

Last edited: