New to DR1 ,saying hello :)

Tzip

Dec 31, 2014
So hello to all. I have been reading on here for a while ,mostly to get my momentary fix for a feel of the Dominican Republic satiated. I have visited many times, always have had fun and can take life not just in your country but anywhere with a grain of salt. This year I have the chance to come for longer than I ever could and I look forward to meeting some of the people on your forums. I like when I read the forums that there is such a mix :) and I love that sometimes a poster can seem as crude and garrulous as they come,,,,,,and then offer someone advise that you know is hard won and truly meant. I actually have met Hillbilly in Santiago once years back with my brother and he was a great host. I will hopefully be staying in Cabarete at a place I have gone to for years. 2 months in the warm sun is going to feel great and I look forward to meeting some of you. Tim

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
Welcome and well met. The north coast is where some of the extra nice expats are found. Just kidding but we should get together later in January when I finally get there for 3 months.

Tzip

Dec 31, 2014
Thanks for the welcome,, a lot of good stuff on this forum.hope to contribute when I can.

Jul 28, 2014
So hello to all. I have been reading on here for a while ,mostly to get my momentary fix for a feel of the Dominican Republic satiated. I have visited many times, always have had fun and can take life not just in your country but anywhere with a grain of salt. This year I have the chance to come for longer than I ever could and I look forward to meeting some of the people on your forums. I like when I read the forums that there is such a mix :) and I love that sometimes a poster can seem as crude and garrulous as they come,,,,,,and then offer someone advise that you know is hard won and truly meant. I actually have met Hillbilly in Santiago once years back with my brother and he was a great host. I will hopefully be staying in Cabarete at a place I have gone to for years. 2 months in the warm sun is going to feel great and I look forward to meeting some of you. Tim

Hopefully you like verbal abuse, stories that make you never want to come to the D.R., and "lore" that would make Indian Jones pi$$ himself scared, if so, this is the forum for you!

;)

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
It's tradition for the new member to hold a meet and greet including buffet and open bar. Welcome.

Tzip

Dec 31, 2014
:squareeye,, I've been reading and enjoying the forum for a while now :) I'm pretty thick skinned and I'm sure 99'/, of the really good comebacks are typed in with a hidden grin when it's done. There will be a small bowl of con con and one large open Presidente on ice at the buffet.. :)

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
sounds like a good start.
the large Prezzi on Ice is of course Light and for the Fisherman, the other guys can bring their own drinks and provide the food. good call for a starter i say.

Mike