Cheaper hotel options for Boca Chica- $20 to $25 for single room

Jan 8, 2015
I have been traveling through the DR the last 2 weeks and have been finding rooms for between 400 and 800 pesos. I am planning to spend my last 2 nights in Boca Chica and looking for a hotel room in the $20 to $25 range. It does not need a/c and only worried about finding a secure place that is clean. Also, since traveling by local transport want it to be in town, but more than happy to walk 4-5 blocks uphill from the beach. I have seen Hotel Batey, Mango and Calypso recommended here but they are in the $35 to $45 range.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Jan 8, 2015
I will be there during this week and not on the weekend, if that makes any difference in pricing. I'll probably just stay at Hotel Mango if I don't find any cheaper options.

May 29, 2006
Good luck with that. I happen to like showers that have the hot water option and sheets that are changed between guests. Hope you brought your own pillow...

Jan 8, 2015
I got to Boca Chica yesterday and found the Hotel Magic Tropical, which is about an 8 minute walk from the beach. They have a real nice pool and my rooom and sheets are clean. I paid $25 for a single room and quite happy with the hotel overall. It's run by a nice woman from Romania. I don't like Boca Chica as much as the other beach spots on the north coast, but nice option to stay stay the airport before you leave the DR.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
you see ;-) there is plenty of cheap hotels in DR. you found something for 1,000 pesos and I may tell you that I never paid more than 400-500 pesos here in DR for the room...also in Sosua...never been to Boca Chica though and I dont regret it, it seems like a total tourist trap/ghetto
I got to Boca Chica yesterday and found the Hotel Magic Tropical, which is about an 8 minute walk from the beach. They have a real nice pool and my rooom and sheets are clean. I paid $25 for a single room and quite happy with the hotel overall. It's run by a nice woman from Romania. I don't like Boca Chica as much as the other beach spots on the north coast, but nice option to stay stay the airport before you leave the DR.