Revista 2015

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Are we still required to purchae the Revista stickers for our cars. last year there was a guy in front of Janet's in Cabarete selling them. He is not there this year.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
They finally realized it cost more than the 35 pesos per car bring in. And since there's no added value either, it will only be required when there is a new boss of mopc or new president that now finally decides to 'once and for all' fix the problem of the wreckages in the streets (and will do that for a year).

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Thank god we don't have to do that agian for now. That had to be in the top 3 stupid things the Dominican Republic did.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Just because a guy selling counterfeit revistas is not standing in front of Janet's selling them, it does not mean that you don't have to get one.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Just because a guy selling counterfeit revistas is not standing in front of Janet's selling them, it does not mean that you don't have to get one.

True enough, but when they are required and available it will be announced. Nothing we can do but wait.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
I just got pulled over and the PN told me I needed a new revista, and that I would have to follow him to the police station where my car would sit until I got the sticker and paid the fine.

Mine says 2013-2014. Are there new ones yet? Or was it just a scare tactic?

We agreed we were amigos, and RD$400 got me off.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I just got pulled over and the PN told me I needed a new revista, and that I would have to follow him to the police station where my car would sit until I got the sticker and paid the fine.

Mine says 2013-2014. Are there new ones yet? Or was it just a scare tactic?

We agreed we were amigos, and RD$400 got me off.

There are no new ones yet.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It has been advised to pay for the new revista at Banreservas and keep the receipt in the car. It could have avoided the $400 RD tip.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
It has been advised to pay for the new revista at Banreservas and keep the receipt in the car. It could have avoided the $400 RD tip.

So, I can pay for it even though they don't have the new stickers?

I'm fairly certain that nothing could have been done to avoid the tip. It is why I was pulled over.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So, I can pay for it even though they don't have the new stickers?

I'm fairly certain that nothing could have been done to avoid the tip. It is why I was pulled over.

We have been told to pay for the revista at Bansresvas ( I think it was 45 pesos) and show that to the police. Only AMET actually has the right to stop you over not having a sticker.
Since the revistas are aparrently not yet available, if they ever will be, that is the best you can do.

How you deal with a shakedown from that point is up to you.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Who advised this? So no sticker but have to go pay this fee for no reason since the cars won't be inspected?
Don't really care about paying 35 pesos but seems odd...but so are most things here so it probably is true!!

Been doing this for years. Never had a problem.. Don't recall who first suggested it.

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
Is the revista the same thing as the new sticker or license plate that my friend had to buy for his moto in Puerto Plata at the Office of the Impuesto ?? Because my friend says that my sister has to go to Puerto Plata to get that new sticker for her passola even though she has the new "licence plate" for 2015 ??

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Is the revista the same thing as the new sticker or license plate that my friend had to buy for his moto in Puerto Plata at the Office of the Impuesto ?? Because my friend says that my sister has to go to Puerto Plata to get that new sticker for her passola even though she has the new "licence plate" for 2015 ??

That sounds like the "placa" or license plate renewal, not a revista which is an inspection sticker.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Bla bla bla bla....I've been pulled over more times than anyone, and I have never been asked for a receipt for something you can't get.....that's a big LOL....if and when they are available I will pay 45 pesos to get it, but till then no one is asking for a receipt.....LOL....
And trust me I drive from Gaspar Hernandez to Constanza 2-3 times a week, and there are way too many check stops that I get pulled into....not one asks "where is you receipt for your revista?"......LOL

My thoughts not yours.....

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I got the receipt, but when i went to Obras P?blicas they said they were not available, that the Amet officers were aware of this, and that the revista availability would be announced through the media.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
When first i arrived here i was A law abiding non Dominicanized person who believed laws were laws and to be obeyed or go to jail. I did not know things worked in reverse here. I went to get my Revista as told and upon arrival to the entrance was a person who told me to pay up front before entering the area of inspection. Being stupid i paid went inside got inspected and paid again. Now i started to see things here in another light. I had just got my first engana.